grim22

The Box Office Buzz and Tracking Thread: Electric Boogaloo

Just now, Porthos said:

Oh, I misinterpreted some of your statements in various Numbers threads then when people were accusing you of hating TLJ. I was under the impression that you at least liked the film but still found the run of it mockworthy.

Never mind then. :)

I corrected people for calling me a hater when I was being realistic about the WOM and legs if that's what you're referring to.

But yes, it has been an easy target to mock given what was said about it that first week or so and how those of us who saw the signs were mocked. 

Edited by MovieMan89

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I corrected people for calling me a hater when I was being realistic about the WOM and legs if that's what you're referring to.

But yes, it has been an easy target to mock given what was said about it that first week or so and how those of us who saw the signs were mocked. 

No I was talking about people saying things to you like like "You hated both Rogue One and The Last Jedi so of course you're saying that"  and you responding with things like "only one of those things is true".

Stuff like that.  Just misread your posts, is all. :)

Like I said in my edit though, now your apparent glee the last few weeks is a tad more understandable to me.  Even if I don't share it.  At all. ;)

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

No I was talking about people saying things to you like like "You hated both Rogue One and The Last Jedi so of course you're saying that"  and you responding with things like "only one of those things is true".

Stuff like that.  Just misread your posts, is all. :)

Like I said in my edit though, now your apparent glee the last few weeks is a tad more understandable to me.  Even if I don't share it.  At all. ;)

Well, like I said I don't hate it as a whole just parts that I definitely do. Thought I made it pretty obvious I had big issues with some of it. But it's not AOTC or those first 2/3 of RO though. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Well, like I said I don't hate it as a whole just parts that I definitely do. Thought I made it pretty obvious I had big issues with some of it. But it's not AOTC or those first 2/3 of RO though. 

Just didn't see those posts, is all. :)  Never went back to read the first twenty pages of the Spoiler thread and I'm a haphazard readers of the various numbers threads, so I never saw those posts in question.  I just happened to remember the ones where you were defending your position as coming from one who wasn't biased against the movie.

Sorry 'bout any confusion caused. RebWGyw.png

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

At my theatre Black Panther is doing better than Deadpool, BvS, Suicide Squad, and Homecoming for pre-sales. It's slightly behind Civil War, and is on par with Ragnarok so far. 

Damn! I never would've expected it to match Civil War. That. Is. INSANE.

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

At my theatre Black Panther is doing better than Deadpool, BvS, Suicide Squad, and Homecoming for pre-sales. It's slightly behind Civil War, and is on par with Ragnarok so far. 

I think being on par with Ragnarok is the important one, not Civil War which started selling tickets almost 2 years ago.  Seems like everyone is jumping straight to the civil war comparison

• Like 1