Dementeleus

What a WONDERful Weekend | WW down only 16% on Sunday. 103M weekend. pg 226

Lol, on my way back from Wisconsin today, I was talking to my dad about Wonder Woman and he turned my mom and said he was sad she didn't get to see it, but he was thinking of taking her to see it because he sees my mom as his wonderful woman.

I think he just wants an excuse to see it again lol

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Next trailer for JL will probably have the CinemaCon Footage. They are definitely announcing Wonder Woman 2.

Would be nice to get something on The Batman as San Diego Comic Con begins a week after War for the Planet of the Apes is released, thus Matt Reeves will be free to begin work (script phase probably) on The Batman, even if mentioned as part of their new/updated slate.

But yeah, would be no surprise for an announcement on Wonder Woman 2.

36 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Next trailer for JL will probably have the CinemaCon Footage. They are definitely announcing Wonder Woman 2.

I imagine the new JL trailer will be also attached to Dunkirk. 

27 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Lol, on my way back from Wisconsin today, I was talking to my dad about Wonder Woman and he turned my mom and said he was sad she didn't get to see it, but he was thinking of taking her to see it because he sees my mom as his wonderful woman.

I think he just wants an excuse to see it again lol

You were in Wisconsin?  :hi5:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

what about the tons of fans waiting for another Superman movie ??

To hell with WW2 i want another Superman movie. An i know so many want one also before another WW movie that we just had.

• Like 3

At Comic Con they NEED to announce another Superman movie. Cavill as the REAL Superman now that people on earth trust him after BvS the tables are set for a true Superman movie. Vaughn as a director would be great choice too. Its lonk overdue now. People WANT another Supes movie. When these news about Vaughn hit Man of Steel trended.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, a2knet said:

As GOTG2 is looking at 380+ and a mini-ensemble in CW almost did 410, I think 400 is a too low a target for TA3.

It should surely target TA2 if nothing else.

Ensembles are not automatically going to increase the gross by a huge amount, as we see that GOTG2 and CW have a smaller gap than expected (~25m) despite CW having a lot more big names.

Same with MOS, BVS and WONDR where BVS won't be bigger than MOS and WONDR by a huge amount. So I wouldn't expect the world out of TA3 despite the big ensemble, but can't go lower than 420 even if turns out to be a mixed movie. 420-460-500 is a good low-middle-high end me thinks.

I don't think TA3 can increase much from Civil War.  The deeper you get into these convoluted crossover plots, the more you'll alienate anyone who's not a fan.

We saw it with Civil War and TA2, and I reckon we'll see similar things again.  

Marvel definitely needs to soft reboot their universe after Infinity War is done.  Otherwise the ceiling for their crossover stuff is going to keep dropping.

Albeit, I do think an increase from CW is possible since you'll include Thor, Hulk and some of the Guardians.  But it's going to be hard to get people who didn't care about CW to care about TA3.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mredman said:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/13/man-of-steel-2-kingsman-director-is-reportedly-wbs-top-choice-to-direct

this need to be announced. MoS 3 or just call it Superman. The Superman cast is magnificent. Along with Amy Adams, Fishburne, Lane, Eisenberg, Cavill. 

That'd be great. DCEU could benefit from Vaughn's loopy, tongue in cheek Kingsman/Stardust tone. 

7 hours ago, YourMother said:

Out of curiosity, @CJohn @franfar @a2knet @WrathOfHan why are you guys doubting $1B?

Well, not to restart the BVS reception thing but after that happened, and with the same makers for the sequel, I was expecting a drop from BVS dom and OS.

BVS was no slouch in the hype department either compared to JL.

(Brand recognition of just 'Batman' and 'Superman' together in a movie fares well against 'Justice League' in most markets)

Either that decline will happen or a combo of WONDR's goodwill + JL being a much better film than BVS (for the GA) will check the decline and keep things flat.

Maybe even give a small increase being optimistic, but thinking 800-850 for now.

Small point: SW8 will effect the late legs to a minor degree as such, but not so minor when counting pennies (and milestones).

For eg MJ2 was on track for low-mid-290s dom but SW7 5th weekend onward limited it ~282: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=weekend&id=hungergamesshowdown.htm

Same story in all markets and falling short by 3-4% turns 1b+ to 960+.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

The actual will likely depend a lot on how the basketball game goes tonight. If it's a blowout, Wonder Woman could drop less than 20%, but overtime could push the drop to 30%.

Game 2 tonight was another blowout, Warriors win by 19 points.

This is turning out to be one boring ass Finals.

27 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Game 2 tonight was another blowout, Warriors win by 19 points.

This is turning out to be one boring ass Finals.

Warriors won Game 1 last year 104-89 and Game 2 110-77 but the Cavs eventually won that series in 7 games. Homecourt is pivotal in basketball. Cavs will likely win Game 3  and Game 4. Doubt the Cavs win the series but still believe it will potentially be a long series.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

The NZ weekend ended up at 1.34M. So if I was better at predicting that (ie not just chuck in some ridiculous OD multiplier that if I had made any comparisons whatsoever would have realised was too high), my system would have put it at 96.48M. Which would have been really close.

Woops.

39 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Warriors won Game 1 last year 104-89 and Game 2 110-77 but the Cavs eventually won that series in 7 games. Homecourt is pivotal in basketball. Cavs will likely win Game 3  and Game 4. Doubt the Cavs win the series but still believe it will potentially be a long series.

Do the hometeam has some advantage like in hockey (last change, faceoff, etc...) or it is purely crowd effect (that often instaure a referee bias) ?