grim22

Labor Day Weekend Thread: The Death of Box Office | Posting or Discussing Any Weekend Numbers = Banned | Pokémon or True Detective gifs Are Allowed

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

cinema empty this weekend, never even showed my ticket to anyone, usually they tear your ticket when you walk  in, the only workers were in concessions

Good for these guys :

a-hitman-s-bodyguard-et00056136-17-04-20

Gunning for 10% weekend drop...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DAR said:

Yeah I agree that original group of kids that asked their parents for Cars merchandise are nowin their late teens early 20's.  They've long outgrown that phase

My nephew who was so into Cars 2 is now 9 years old and does not care about it anymore

I'm guessing Minions stole their merchandising thunder

Edited by forg

23 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, how many movies have you seen since you got it (and how many this weekend:)...we'll use you and extrapolate a really crappy BO plus-up estimate:)...

We've seen 4 in just a little over two weeks.  It's just too easy!

• Like 1

Story wise I like Cars 3 so much better than Cars 2 but visuals I think Cars 2 was more impressive and stunning. Cars 3 still has great animated work but looks low key compared to the previous one.

I get why the movie was made but I think it was a wrong call to put in the June slot, they had to know it was not an anticipated movie plus so close to Despicable Me 3? It could have been 1st quarter or August. They can handle Emoji 

i think it just sucks after Disney had a great animated movie year last year they had this. I hope Coco does better

Compare:  

Year Gross* 2017% change 2016% change 2015% change 2014% change 2013% change 2012% change
2017 $5,617.7 - +0.5% +1.0% +7.5% +6.0% +3.8%

Compare:  

Year Gross* 2017% change 2016% change 2015% change 2014% change 2013% change 2012% change
2017 $7,495.4 - -6.2% -1.4% +3.4% -1.9% -1.1%

What a difference two months make.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

We've seen 4 in just a little over two weeks.  It's just too easy!

So, 2 per week or $4-$6M to the overall BO if every other new subscriber is doing the same thing:)...probably mostly centered on weekends...there's our anecdotal "how is Movie Pass affecting the BO" data:)...

• Like 1

#WonderWoman has passed The Hunger Games & Captain America: Civil War to move into 21st place all-time domestically. #BoxOffice

Wonder Woman grossed an estimated $1.92M over the 3-day weekend. 94-Day total is $408.94M. #WonderWoman #BoxOffice

Dunkirk grossed an estimated $4.13M over the 3-day weekend. 45-Day total is $178.76M. #Dunkirk #BoxOffice

Annabelle: Creation grossed an estimated $7.30M over the 3-day weekend. 24-Day total is $88.98M. #AnnabelleCreation #BoxOffice
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fantastic run for Annabelle. The haters can suck it. Good holds and a strong total, over the first movie and with a smaller OW, thanks to the fact that it had good reviews and good WOM.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1