grim22

MIB International | June 14 2019 | F Gary Gray directing | Hemsworth, Ferguson, Neeson, Thompson and Thompson

Why do so many Sony big budget films have this weird glossy look to them? Ghostbusters, Amazing Spider-Man 2, Pixels, 2manji, this. Is it a contractual obligation for the cinematographers/crew with the company, or is it just a weird case of parallel thinking?

• Like 4

Can't watch as I'm at work but I'll go ahead and assume it looks like the most Sony film ever made.

london bridge???? disappointed they didn't go for a slow moody cover version.

Edited by CoolioD1

Just now, Premium George said:

I love Thompson. She is great friend with janelle monae, another one whom I love. 

i was like damn didn't know emma thompson and janelle monae were buddies that's cool. this is gonna keep happening i fear.

7 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I love Thompson. She is great friend with janelle monae, another one whom I love. 

Should have cast Monae instead of Thompson then. Or couple E. Thomson with T. Thomson and have Hemsworth play the alien villain. (That one would be a doozy setting the internet on fire).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Should have cast Monae instead of Thompson then. Or couple E. Thomson with T. Thomson and have Hemsworth play the alien villain. (That one would be a doozy setting the internet on fire).

It would have been Ghostbusters all over again.

Poor Hemsworth everything he touches outside of Thor flops. Surprisingly I liked Tessa Thompson the most in this trailer.

49 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

Poor Hemsworth everything he touches outside of Thor flops. Surprisingly I liked Tessa Thompson the most in this trailer.

Unsurprisingly, I liked her the least.

Otherwise, not a bad trailer.

I don't think I've ever heard a Brit suggest going for tacos. Good job, guys!

Edited by Hatebox

Isn't Rebecca Ferguson supposed to be in this? How come she's not in the trailer at all?

8 minutes ago, Hejira said:

Isn't Rebecca Ferguson supposed to be in this? How come she's not in the trailer at all?

yeah what is this fuckery

Hmm, it looks a bit all over the place. 

And where are the aliens lol. 

Chris is playing a calmer version of Kevin from Ghostbusters, which is fine. That’s my favourite role he’s had. 

This could be a fun movie, but this trailer just looks to digital to me, like an overload of CGI. I do like Chris and Tessa though.

I find it so odd, these studios think Will Smith is so easily replaceable. He's still one of the biggest movie stars on the planet and the sole reason things like Independence Day and MIB even became hits.  They will find this out when this film underperforms too.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

I find it so odd, these studios think Will Smith is so easily replaceable. He's still one of the biggest movie stars on the planet and the sole reason things like Independence Day and MIB even became hits.  They will find this out when this film underperforms too.

Yup. This franchise is running on the fumes of one well-liked star vehicle from 21 years ago. Sony's insistence on its resurrection is increasingly bizarre.