grim22

MIB International | June 14 2019 | F Gary Gray directing | Hemsworth, Ferguson, Neeson, Thompson and Thompson

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Comes out in less than a month and buzz is literally nowhere. Reminiscent of Independence Day: Resurgence (another sequel to a Will Smith property without Smith).

don't think this needs online hype to do well. Men in Black 3 I remember had people thinking it would flop as well

14 hours ago, stealthyfrog said:

They should have tried to get Will Smith to return. I don't think there's much interest in the franchise sans Will Smith.

You think he was not the first one asked ?

MIB 3 lost the studio money and an other one would have almost certainly been with a deal to cut cost (like Inferno), hard to imagine Rothman saying yes to a deal that make Smith interested (must want 50M minimum to get involved in those, like on Independence day if not more considering he did that one already 3 times)

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Even with re-shoots?

Tom+Rothman+HWVd7qLcLfjm.jpg

Back end start after a profit I would also imagine.

That not too disimilar to what they did on Inferno, Angel&Demon had a 194m net budget, planned  to a 110m then even pushed down to just 90m, that went apparently even lower when Rothman got in charge and a surprisely good exchange rate (for the cost of production, not the intl box office) happened to a rumored 75m.

With him, Ghostbuster would have been probably at that price point also I would imagine.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think 50-60 on RT is what it will end up with. For me 50+ and above for cgi/action/adventure/comedy/blockbuster type films is worth a watch in theatres if you are extremely bored and have nothing to do.

There are exceptions like TMNT 2014 that got unfairly hated upon. A fun action adventure movie with 30+% on rt.

4 hours ago, TMP said:

Everything about this project reminds me of The Mummy 2017, except maybe without the whole shared universe gimmick.

The strange idea of a Jump Street shared universe for this would have sound much more interesting.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1