Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Mowgli... YIKES. This is one of the most interesting failures I’ve watched in a while. It’s so tonally uneven and has a pretty loose structure, and the animal design truly is creepy af. It was hard for me to take the light scenes as intended when the animals look so damn scary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Youtube Rewind 2008 set to be one of the most disliked videos ever on YT for completely tone deaf.

Yeah I think I am officially too old, I didn't knew what youtube rewind was at all, if you talk about 2018 I almost got none of the reference (and thus not was tone deaf in term of missing in it)

• Like 1

Just looked at the year-end Billboard Hot 100 list... :gold:

On the bright side, at least the Todd in the Shadows year-end worst hit songs countdown is going to be lots of fun to watch next month.

What's more, Janelle Monae's Dirty Computer is nominated for Album of the Year, so at least not all is broken and wrong in the music world.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Just looked at the year-end Billboard Hot 100 list... :gold:

On the bright side, at least the Todd in the Shadows year-end worst hit songs countdown is going to be lots of fun to watch next month.

What's more, Janelle Monae's Dirty Computer is nominated for Album of the Year, so at least not all is broken and wrong in the music world.

Lmao, how did Meant to Be manage to be third? Goddamn country radio.

I checked out Mowgli this morning. It was a pretty sad experience, really; Andy Serkis is clearly passionate about the material and tries sooooooo hard to make it work (and it looks pretty damn good too), but the story just never goes anywhere. Despite all the hype about the dark tone, the story and character development somehow both feel simpler than what was present in the Favreau remake.

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Lmao, how did Meant to Be manage to be third? Goddamn country radio.

I haven’t even heard a lot of the songs on the Billboard top 100 this year.  Spotify and music streaming really lets you detach from mainstream music lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PANDA said:

I haven’t even heard a lot of the songs on the Billboard top 100 this year.  Spotify and music streaming really lets you detach from mainstream music lol.

Want to hear good music?:

Who has two thumbs and is currently posting from a newly built Threadripper  2950x PC?

Well, a  few people presumably, somewhere on the net.  But THIS GUY happens to be one of them. :ohmygod:

*remembers how much fucking work there is in setting up Windows so it is to my personal tastes*

Welp, I know what I'm doing for the next few hours. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • ...wtf 1