Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

It IS!  I'm not sure we can win next week vs NYG in the state our team is in...but then again, I'm not sure Dallas can beat Washington if they put out the same effort as today (especially if Keenum gets the start).  But, I'm gonna enjoy this through Xmas, and hope NYG decide to rest guys for next year and to improve their draft spot...

Yeah I hear you about next week but I'll worry about that after Christmas  too 😋

• Like 1

Just watched this movie Beanpole and it was pretty incredible and heartbreaking and unsettling with the best performance i've seen in a movie this year. just released on MUBI here in the uk. unfortunately not out in the US until next month so i probably can't spam my BOFFY ballot with it but for sure one to check out if you get the chance. you see this @Jake Gittes (tagging you because you're the only russian poster i know here) 

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Mr Robot looks like they nailed the series finale but I stopped after season 2 and have forgotten so much. Feels like the show fell under the radar after the initial hype.

The first season use that trick of intriguing us with confusing structure and then wow us at the finale when everything is explained and makes perfect sense, it also worked in Westworld and more recently Watchmen. But people lose interest when you try it again on Season 2. My guess is, once the puzzle is solved and we understand that world, it's hard for audiences to get in the mood for everything to get confusing again. The buzz for Westworld and Mr. Robot died quickly during their second seasons.

On Mr. Robot season 3 they followed a more clear and linear structure and it was a great season.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

The buzz for Westworld and Mr. Robot died quickly during their second seasons.

Mr Robot crashed but the ratings for Westworld have been pretty stable.

Internet buzz for The Witcher is really high. Some might say it was the pop culture event of the weekend...

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Messy but alot better than this

That's disappointing. I was really looking forward to Bombshell. Then again, maybe it's just the lead trio of actresses that had me hyped. Still going to see it if it comes to my local.

7 hours ago, DAR said:

I'm two episodes into the Witcher and right now it's pretty boring.

I watched the first three episodes tonight (as a break from all the Christmas specials/movies my family and I have been watching recently) and have to agree it's on the dull side. Definitely nowhere nearly as compelling as Game of Thrones was when it started. I'll continue watching but I don't see this ever becoming an especially great series (or even a very good one) based on everything so far.

Have yourself a very smokey Christmas. 

This bushfire smoke is ridiculous. You think it’s gone away and then it comes back in again. 

I’ve never had an respiratory issues but it’s even affecting me. 

• Sad 2