aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

A TV adaptation has huge potential, the trilogy was fantastic but I think you could easily do a miniseries with 10 episode for each book.

I am more surprised that the Tolkien Estate has even agreed to it although I’m not sure they get any money as I think the TV and film rights are owned by Middle Earth Enterprises. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gopher said:

46 mil would translate to a 114m weekend with Thor 2's Saturday/Sunday holds. 

Only Marvel could produce exponential increases in a franchise that has not been well liked until literally last night (+34% from Dark World, which was up 30% from Thor). 

That's that shared universe benefit every other studio has been chasing. 

• Like 3

Just now, The Last baumer said:

Well, at least i give every Marvel film a shot. I guess Thor films just aren't quite my tempo. 

They were the Achilles heel of my MCU fandom but Ragnarok changed that. If it didn’t work for you that’s understandable. 

I was disappointed by this film but still loved it. The beginning, I wasn't too fond of but as soon as I saw Valkyrie, the movie picked up and instantly got better. The soundtrack with the 80s, vaporwave synth sound instantly made it the best Marvel soundtrack that isn't Guardians. Hela was a disappointing villain, there was a point I  forgot she was even in the film. In terms of themes and messages, the film felt very hallow. Korg and Valkyrie were the best characters. In my opinion I'd say this is on par with Iron Man 3. Fun time but unfortunately very forgettable. 7.3/10

Logan: 9/10

Wonder Woman: 8.4/10

Spider-Man Homecoming: 7.8/10

Guardians: 7.6/10

Thor Ragnarok: 7.3/10

14 minutes ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

Holy wtf, bend over a lightning bolt is coming your way 

I saw you had posted and I came in to “recommend” it. Fortunately I read it first and it didn’t seem to be a number update.