Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

7 minutes ago, DAR said:

Yeah but he was on strike 7 at that point

Situations like these are really complex, and I really don't know the whole story. I believe that it is important to forgive, but if he keeps on ignoring rules, like in the a soccer game, the coach really will bench him, you know what I mean? It's sad to see him get banned, but we need to be aware of guidelines in order to let them shape us into better people.

I feel bad for him. :whosad:

I thought BKB had said that the counter-protesters were looking for trouble when they decided to do their thing and that the counter-protestor killed deserved it, then filmlover called him a nazi or something like that and BKB replied wishing/threatening him harm, and that’s why he was banned, or so I thought.

look the dude had been posting on forums for like over a decade and there was never once an uptick in decency. matter of fact if anything he was really doubling down on the hateful asshole shtick the last year. at a certain point you gotta cut your losses.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 10

41 minutes ago, slambros said:

Nazis were absolutely deplorable, but in the case of the banning, I think the correct protocol would be to explain why what he did was wrong and give him another chance. I guess It's too late now.

But they way I see it, with how much I enjoy this website, getting permanently banned would be a rather unfortunate travesty.

I guess there's some lines, personally and socially, we should all strive never to cross.

BKB had countless chances. By far the most we've ever given anyone, and arguably far too many.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, slambros said:

Situations like these are really complex, and I really don't know the whole story. I believe that it is important to forgive, but if he keeps on ignoring rules, like in the a soccer game, the coach really will bench him, you know what I mean? It's sad to see him get banned, but we need to be aware of guidelines in order to let them shape us into better people.

I feel bad for him. :whosad:

By the time he was perma-banned, BKB had had multiple lengthy suspensions, including several for six months and one for (I believe) a year. At some point it comes down to personal responsibility on his part.

Every now and again I could have with him what represented a conversation between adults.    But by the end it was now.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................and again

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

If I'm ever in a certain midwest city in a particular hotel in the middle of the night I've always wondered what would happen if I started shouting MARVEL SUCKS!

I'd like to see that  :popcorn:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

BKB had countless chances. By far the most we've ever given anyone, and arguably far too many.

Some people have been perma banned for much less. 

5 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

By the time he was perma-banned, BKB had had multiple lengthy suspensions, including several for six months and one for (I believe) a year. At some point it comes down to personal responsibility on his part.

I think you just get fed up of seeing the endless posts of Bold fonts and Caps lock, a normal member can just put it on ignore but the mods just snapped and laid down the ban hammer. 

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Let's just be thankful he didn't get his arms around this Harvey Weinstein etc stuff.  Though since he defended Bill Cosby I think we know where that was headed

BKB defended Cosby?

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Let's just be thankful he didn't get his arms around this Harvey Weinstein etc stuff.  Though since he defended Bill Cosby I think we know where that was headed

Good god that would have been so hard to read!