Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

7 minutes ago, AndyK said:

How did Deadlone get their estimate so wrong?

Do they just pull numbers out if their asses?

When deadline puts out numbers early in the day, around noon, they are estimating themselves much like us and we can be wildly wrong too. Although they are usually not too much off from actuals. Perhaps this being a holiday weekend threw them off

23 hours ago, Sam said:

I have learnt over the years I’ve been on here that a good 90% of posts that started with “mark my words” ended with nonsense.

I can confirm that I'm guilty of this

People are already throwing around a 3x for WW being "very likely". Just like with the movie's OW, you're just setting yourselves up for disappointment. This is not making 300m, mark my words. Not trying to sound like a hater, I HOPE I'm wrong and if I am, I'll be the first one to admit it, but right now I'm feeling pretty confident that this will top out at 280-285m.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

People are already throwing around a 3x for WW being "very likely". Just like with the movie's OW, you're just setting yourselves up for disappointment. This is not making 300m, mark my words. Not trying to sound like a hater, I HOPE I'm wrong and if I am, I'll be the first one to admit it, but right now I'm feeling pretty confident that this will top out at 280-285m.

Thats the beautiful and at the same time funny thing about box office: The vast majority of films, especially blockbusters perform well within the expactation of most people. But any film of any genre can just suddenly explode (or implode :hahaha:), which makes predictions - as reasonable as they may seem - always tricky.

16 minutes ago, miketheavenger said:

To be fair to you, your prediction of like a 2.8x multi was infinitely more realistic at the time than the multi that happened in reality. :P

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Thor with a 53% drop from last weekend!!! I guessed it will be at 210 by Sunday last week and seems I was right (slightly under)

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2

Doctor Strange legs from here take Ragnarok to 318m. Dark World legs take it to 306m. I'm willing to bet it's going to dip a bit higher than Strange next weekend (closer to 60%) and hold better over thanksgiving and through Last Jedi. The key will be if it can hang onto more theaters over Xmas than Strange, and its grosses might be just large enough. 

• Like 1