kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

I'm curious to see how this does. This is giving off some New Mutants vibes and I'm not super optimistic about potential cause it's already been delayed several times and idk how many people will be going "I/we wanna go see the new Jared Leto movie".  With both Sonic 2 and Fantastic Beasts 3 coming out in the same month this movies legs are likely to get cut really quick.

But I've seen a few people in the forum say that Sony has been budgeting their movies more conservatively the past few years and Uncharted is actually doing alright despite early predictions be low, so if thats the case with this movie then maybe it will be able to hang in there. 

Edited by clockwork

There is nothing to draw non-CBM fans in. Jared Leto is not a reliable draw. The character seems very generic and the trailer seems to focused on the side cast's POV, when we should really be enjoying this movie and falling in love with our lead. Not to mention all the delays have made this movie seem a bit stale. 

This is not going to do well but we'll see.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Only seeing this for Keaton. Looks bad but it'll likely do well, Sony's on a winning streak at the box office.

I wouldn't count on a big role...I bet he's only in it for 5 minutes max.  

5 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I just want to know how they're gonna explain Vulture being in this since this is supposed to be an alt-universe.

I don't even know what this means and why it matters.  I thought the kids loved the Multiverse shenanigans?  Who's to say that this isn't Toombs' "variant" from Leto's universe?  And that they won't just retrofit it all later anyway depending on what works, what doesn't?  None of it matters anymore, which is why I'm bored with this genre...  

The last trailer was much better -- that made this thing actually look fun.  

15 hours ago, Macleod said:

I wouldn't count on a big role...I bet he's only in it for 5 minutes max.  

I don't even know what this means and why it matters.  I thought the kids loved the Multiverse shenanigans?  Who's to say that this isn't Toombs' "variant" from Leto's universe?  And that they won't just retrofit it all later anyway depending on what works, what doesn't?  None of it matters anymore, which is why I'm bored with this genre...  

The last trailer was much better -- that made this thing actually look fun.  

How much of the general audience even knows what a variant is? Unless they somehow explain it in the movie I can see people being confused.

On 2/28/2022 at 11:22 AM, AnotherDayAnotherDollar said:

This looks absolutely terrible.

However I said the same about Venom and Venom 2 and those grossed pretty well, so I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being a successful film at the BO too.

'NO one every went broke underestimating the taste of the American public"

P T Barnum