kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

52 minutes ago, belblazer said:

WOM looks very bad, I wonder if it will beat Eternals as the worst CBM since Fantastic Four on Cinemascore.

That would actually be Dark Phoenix, which has a B- on Cinemascore. It wouldn’t surprise me if this goes lower than that. 

17 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I know you freak out whenever the MCU is dissed but they were clearly quoting something that mentioned Eternals first and wasn't mentioned on their own free will, so this isn't quote the gotcha you think it is

No you don't know, I was actually not saying anything about you even when I don't agree because you made a clear point and did not single out one project but I guess you think everything is about you.

She or He is known for always getting deffensive about Wonder Woman and brought Eternals first, it's the SECOND post but whatever.

I don't even think Eternals is good, just average.

Edited by Fox20

I give the MCU a lot of crap but they're at least baseline competent...which this film is not. It's not one of the worst comic book films I've seen but it is really really bad. So obviously hacked to shreds in editing, the film has zero pacing or structure, many things make absolutely zero sense, stuff happens because it needs to. The bones of a good film were here, a fun vampire hero movie could work but they do NOTHING with it. Anytime something threatens to be interesting or fun, the film swerves off the road to ensure nothing happens. The audience was dead silent throughout and the post credits scenes raised lots of confusion. 

3/10 Good April Fools gag Sony!

Spoiler

So they make it seem like the opening where he cuts his hands for the bats is how he gets his powers...but actually the illegal experiment is just on the boat? So was the opening just to capture those bats in his fishtank? Not made clear, it was very confusing.

I also loved how after half a conversation with Matt Smith Jr., him and Morbius are already best friends in the next scene lol.

To end on a semi positive note, the visualization of his sonar powers with that colourful smoky trail for everything was kinda cool looking.

Edited by TheDude391
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It definitely seems like No Way Home changed their initial plans. It looks like they were just going to have this be set in the MCU before they set it and Venom in its own universe (not a spoiler they've talked about this already). I can't imagine how changing that affected all this other stuff that appears to have been cut.

17 hours ago, belblazer said:

Is this real? 💀

WOM looks very bad, I wonder if it will beat Eternals as the worst CBM since Fantastic Four on Cinemascore.

Dont worry, Batman v Superman : Dawn of Justice already beat Dark Phoenix, Hellboy and Eternals to the punch.