kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

Why is Grace and the Hollywood Reporter going to bat for multi million dollar franchise fare over internet memes and shit talking? Oh boo hoo the internet people were making fun of new Marvel legend Dr. Michael Morbius.

Movie looked bad and easy to make fun of and then it came out and was bad and easy to make fun of, simple as!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Why is Grace and the Hollywood Reporter going to bat for multi million dollar franchise fare over internet memes and shit talking? Oh boo hoo the internet people were making fun of new Marvel legend Dr. Michael Morbius.

Movie looked bad and easy to make fun of and then it came out and was bad and easy to make fun of, simple as!

Because it seems to be her only bread and butter.  If shitty genre movies don't survive, she has no followers.  It's a really toxic back and forth -- she contributes equally.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

You're joking but Morbius did actually do that to me.

Morbius ate beans in the theater for every movie I’ve been to. It’s got to stop.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2022 at 4:20 PM, ZeeSoh said:

I know a lot of people dislike Life, but I really like that movie. The ending sucks though which I think is one of the main reason why people dislike the movie so much

The ending of that movie ruled. 

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

What the duck

Quite a few directors who have had sucess with small indy films sort of blow it on their first big studio large budget outiing.

I know that 75 Million is a modest budget for a CBM, but compared to the kind of budget the director had been working with, it's pretty big.

6 hours ago, grim22 said:

What the duck

This interview is so chaotic. My man had no idea what was going on

Spoiler

The thing I wasn’t clear on in the post credit scene is when Vulture says, “I think this is a Spider-Man’s fault. We should team up and fight him,” how does Morbius know who Spider-Man is? Also, the movie establishes that Morbius is a good man who got too ambitious and created this serum and some bad things happened. But at his heart, he’s not a bad person. Why would Morbius be interested in teaming up with this criminal?

First of all, Vulture is not a criminal in that universe just yet.

That’s fair. But why would Morbius be interested in what Vulture has to say in the first place?

Exactly. I think it’s a meeting of those… because in this world, Spider-Man exists. In all the different Marvel timelines, you have a Spider-Man, it’s a totem. In the Marvel Universe, what you say is that you have to have a Spider-Man in each universe for it to function. He’s one of the fundamental beings. Now, that’s how it is in the comic books.

Okay sure, but there’s nothing in the movie that establishes that Morbius has any beef with Spider-Man whatsoever, though.

Oh, exactly. I think that’s more one of those scenes that are made that when you have scenes before that in a movie comes along, that will explain that reposition

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Poor guy. He probably just wants to say "hey man, look, the studio told me I had to do this, so I did it. Ask Avi and Amy." But instead he just has to babble his way through whatever the studio notes said he has to say.

On 3/25/2022 at 11:26 PM, filmlover said:

I'm impressed that Leto hasn't been spending the whole press tour for this talking about how far he went to get into character after his shenanigans from the Suicide Squad promo tour. Like sleeping upside down or feasting on living beings or some shit. The promising young actor from Fight Club and Requiem for a Dream feels like a lifetime ago.

6 hours ago, grim22 said:

What the duck

Close Enough GIFs | Tenor

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

Quite a few directors who have had sucess with small indy films sort of blow it on their first big studio large budget outiing.

I know that 75 Million is a modest budget for a CBM, but compared to the kind of budget the director had been working with, it's pretty big.

But again here, you're leaning into just blaming the director for incompetence on a big budget.  That may or may not necessarily have *anything* to do with what went on here behind the scenes.  His last quote in the interview kind of hints that there were of course all kinds of different decision-makers "in the room."  I.E., yes, what got released here wasn't really a version with his control of decision-making.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dudalb said:

Safe House's budget was 85M, so this isn't even his most expensive movie.