DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

Campea and Grace Randolph love to report and discuss box office numbers, too bad they don't feel like taking their time to study it. 

How can he, at this point in time, still refuse to even believe the possibility of JL doing under 100M OW?

It is kinda hard to believe.   Like 3 days ago anything under 130 was hard to believe.

4 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

If JL's word of mouth is even slightly mixed (especially among families) then Coco will take advantage. 

I think Coco may take advantage of the situation and breakout. Like $300M Breakout

I Think If It All Works Out It Does $75m/$310m

but is more likely to do $60m/$240m or 200m+

Edited by the beast
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Regardless of individual opinion, what I'm saying is a very large chunk of audiences definitely thought they were shit.

It wouldn't be the first time where there's a disconnect between my opinion and the mainstream. The majority of the big money makers are average at best. Only once in a blue moon an actually great movie meets shit ton of money. ;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

It's sad but in a lot of interviews over the past few years you could see the turmoil of divorce and alcoholism. 

Yeah it wasn't great, and I have no doubt the box office / reception to JL isn't gonna help either. I think Affleck will likely jump "ship" soon. 

13 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah it wasn't great, and I have no doubt the box office / reception to JL isn't gonna help either. I think Affleck will likely jump "ship" soon. 

Pretty sure he's already jumped ship extra-officially. It's sad really, I quite liked his Batman but that's what it is, I hope the next Batman actor does great as well. I  hope they keep the next Batman movie tied to the DCU though, even if just very faintly but enough so that we could still get another Justice League movie a few years down the road with this cast(sans Affleck, obviously) cause I really enjoyed them together and separately as well, specially this Flash, Wonder Woman and Aquaman.

That would all be in a relatively distant future though, obviously. Time to focus on the solo movies.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Elessar said:

It wouldn't be the first time where there's a disconnect between my opinion and the mainstream. The majority of the big money makers are average at best. Only once in a blue moon an actually great movie meets shit ton of money. ;)

Same.

The only films I actually loved this year both made a lot of money: IT and Wonder Woman. Usually the films I love don’t make this much money lol. 

The rest of the $100m grossers were shit apart from Get Out, Annabelle, Kong and Girls Trip. 

• ...wtf 1

• Founder / Operator

Just heard from a friend saying there are about 10 people at his screening right now.

On a Saturday afternoon at a movie tailor made for kids with three of the most popular comic book characters in history.

FLyefDO.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 4
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 3

Just now, Shawn said:

Just heard from a friend saying there are about 10 people at his screening right now...

On a Saturday afternoon at a movie tailor made for kids with three of the most popular comic book characters in history...

FLyefDO.gif

That's brutal. Really. Not just piling on and adding negativity for the sake of it. That's just objectively terrible circumstances for a movie like this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

Just heard from a friend saying there are about 10 people at his screening right now.

On a Saturday afternoon at a movie tailor made for kids with three of the most popular comic book characters in history.

FLyefDO.gif

If this opens to low 80's or less, I'm predicting it misses 200. 

3 minutes ago, Shawn said:

FLyefDO.gif

rocky_zpsd971fe91.jpg

• Haha 1