DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

2 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

You think it can do 75m more off a 21m weekend?

Not unless it picks up on Strange.  Otherwise I think $310m is the current target.

If it stays at $21m then at the same pace as Doctor Strange it would make another $60m after this w/e.  If it hits $22m then $63m

4 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Matrix Revolutions was a pretty brutal disappointment at the time. And its situation is very similar to JL.

at 427m ww that one did 2.85x the prod budget (150m) without china. dom (139m) itself came close to the prod budget.

if 300m reports around JL's budget are true, then it needs 855m ww without china to do 2.85x like matrix3.

Edited by a2knet

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Could JL have a negative effect on Wonder Woman 2?

If JL's numbers are anything to go by it looks like audiences are treating them as two entirely separate entities. In a way it's remarkable how little WW's presence helped JL given how popular her movie was.

• Like 1

Justice League doing north of $90 million ow, $215-$220 million domestic will happen. But 2017 is still quite rough. But... Wonder actually doing closer to $30 million is actually amazing. 

2017 may or may not be the record breaking year. But there’s a lot of box office stories to share from horror films doing astounding numbers, Girls Trip and Baby Driver outgrossing Blade Runner, Alien, and The Mummy. Wonder Woman has been the leggiest superhero film since Spider Man ‘02. 5 sequels have so far outgrossed their predecessors  this year. 

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

Maybe the audience didn't like WW much and it was success because it was released in the right place and circumstances? Any popular character adds bucks to crossover, it's not possible that it didn't add anything, but also dropped hard with other popular characters.

Wanna know whats scary? That the audience did like Wonder Woman, that it helped JL, and that JL could otherwise be opening even lower.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

This goes way beyond the critics. Absolutely terrible movies (hi Transformers franchise) have still banked big $$$ even when critics took those films behind the barn and shot'em dead.  I think BvS used up all of the goodwill of the general audience and JL's marketing and trailers looked to be no different than what came before. When I saw JL's trailers I still saw the same filtered, dark, murky action scenes that plagued BvS and gave me the harsh flashbacks of sitting through that film. I think even if this film scored a 70+ percentage of RT we'd still be looking at roughly the same box office result.

I completely agree with you with this being on BvS but we're talking hardcore DC fans. We already know how badly they hate critics and blame them for everything.

I'm already seeing it on Twitter and Flixster. "Don't listen to critics or box office." "Critics are paid off by Disney to destroy this movies box office"

38 minutes ago, cookie said:

If you told me even a year ago that

Guardians of the Galaxy

Wonder Woman

Spider-Man

Thor

An adaptation of a Stephen King book

Would all out-open a Justice League movie I'd call you nuts.

And Disney’s ”Beauty and the Beast” as well. Plus Universal’s ”The Fate of the Furious”.

8 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Maybe the audience didn't like WW much and it was success because it was released in the right time and circumstances? Any popular character adds bucks to crossover, it's not possible that it didn't add anything, but also dropped hard with other popular characters.

Please be quiet. Wonder Woman is the saving grace of the DCEU and if it weren't for her, this film would easily have opened even lower than it already has.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HenryjRhetorics said:

Even a below 90 OW won't make this a probable scenario. 

It's certainly in the realms of possibility now if all the demand has burnt off this weekend even with Thanksgiving around the corner.

Coming in below $90M OW only makes this more likely

5 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

For those who have seen the film. Is mustachegate as noticeable as the wig in Fant4stic?

can't post here but google "superman shrek cgi"

:hahaha:mK7AW8D.png

Edited by a2knet

6 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Wanna know whats scary? That the audience did like Wonder Woman, that it helped JL, and that JL could otherwise be opening even lower.

Or they didn't like WW much, it was just released in the right time and circumstances, and that she added nothing to JL BO. Absoltely shitty BO of Professor Marston also confirms it.

Edited by Firepower

2 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Or they didn't like WW much, it was just released in the right time and circumstances, and that's she added nothing to JL BO. Absoltely shitty BO of Professor Marston also confirms it.

Movies dont get 4x legs if no one likes em. They get sub 2x.