DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

So 13 is the initial number?  Interesting.  Also I'm analyzing November Box Office History and it seems Potter, Twilight and Hunger games made a killing this month. (158 is the record) As for Comic book films in November recently "Thor 2" and "Dr. Strange" both had 80+ million openings this month.  Of course Thor 3 did amazingly well a few weeks ago.  I feel like "Thor 3" is still playing well 2 weeks later so I'm not ruling out it affecting JL Opening with the audiences being too similar.   General Audiences have Two Huge Comic Book movies to choose from this Holiday season. 

To try and keep this number in perspective, it's ahead of Wonder Woman and only a little behind Thor: Ragnarok. But on the other hand, it marks a drop of over 50% from Batman v. Superman's preview number.

May God be with you in this weekend thread, dear moderators and admins. ;)

Just now, Rebeccas said:

lmao gitesh went from predicting 138m yesterday to 110m today.

13M figure is kind of stunning, I really thought it'd at least have massive previews

This is under HALF of BvS's previews...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webslinger said:

To try and keep this number in perspective, it's ahead of Wonder Woman and only a little behind Thor: Ragnarok. But on the other hand, it marks a drop of over 50% from Batman v. Superman's preview number.

May God be with you in this weekend thread, dear moderators and admins. ;)

Even if we give it a gross between $103-122m, that's a pretty sad opening..

27 minutes ago, CenterMeOnSam said:

I'm going to take a rosier view:

The fact that they were able to take a troubled production that suffered from multiple re-shoots, controversy, and the director's daughter taking her own life thus bringing in a brand new director to shepherd the project to completion, and STILL make over $100 million dollars while also introducing new characters that are widely praised for their portrayal and interactions/chemistry can still probably be seen as an arguable win for the WB. Or it can at least be debated that way in a board meeting. 

That just makes me think of two other movies that had troubled production and people in the industry snickering before release.   Titanic and Gone with the Wind.  (GWTW also had multiple directors)