DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Oyy this is not good at all for JL ..... All in all im glad we got the JL movie we wanted, but my god. ... this number is depressing.

I take it back --  to all those of you who low ball this thing...GOOD CALL  !! :WHATanabe:

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

BvS was the night before Good Friday. A lot of folks were off the following day. Even still though...

The marketing wasn't  that great for this film. I'm not saying they didn't promote. It didn't seem like event. Just felt like here is movie. People I know forgot that this film came out this week. I reminded about probably see it this week if I had time.

WB usually good at marketing but for me imo JL promotion was lackluster compare to SS, WW and BvS . Lucky for them receptions might be better than BvS. It can hold more legs.

WB will be fine.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

In all seriousness though, I think with a much lower start than expected, we might in turn see a MJ1/MJ2 scenarios where legs are unexpectedly better. 

Hopefully It plays like MJ1 ($121M/$337M) 

Edited by the beast
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

One can only hope that DC will now give some chances to their less known but excellent superheroes like Plastic Man, Ted Kord & Booster Gold or Mr.Terrific.

But who am I kidding, bring in MORE BATMAN

Nah, it's finally time for a Nightwing/Deathstroke movie...I don't just want a tv show with Nightwing, I want the real deal:)...

You can feel free to include some Titans or Bat Fam members, but the top 2 - that's all that's needed:)...

• Like 1

Lower OW can translate into good legs. However both MJs and FB has way better reviews but JL seems to be a crowdpleaser from some and WOM. It all depends on how much Jedi and the other Christmas movies hurt it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Lower OW can translate into good legs. However both MJs and FB has way better reviews but JL seems to be a crowdpleaser from some and WOM. It all depends on how much Jedi and the other Christmas movies hurt it.

With at least six movies in opening wide release that Christmas week, everything released before Jedi that isn't an expanding awards player is gonna get sliced bad. By that point Justice League will only be at select multiplexes, and down to 1-2 shows a day at said locations.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Honestly,while i would be in cloud 9 if the film smashed BO records,i can still call it a huge success because it did something that many thought it was impossible last year...it redeemed DC in the eyes of the general audience.

Which movie are we talking about?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Honestly,while i would be in cloud 9 if the film smashed BO records,i can still call it a huge success because it did something that many thought it was impossible last year...it redeemed DC in the eyes of the general audience.

It didn't do shit because it's still OD, you're making assumptions.

My own assumption is that it will not succeed greatly at that.

Just saw it. It was okay and hope for WB to have learned their lesson.. Do better next time..

Hire a new and better director and find someone else to do the FX stuff..

6/10

Edited by fmpro
Grade
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

WTF wrong thread...again.Justice League.And don't get started with critcs and RT scores.Reactions across social media from people like you and me tell a different story.

Still... Gotta wait until a lot more casual moviegoers catch it and comment. My feeling is that it will be more well liked than SS and BvS but mixed. Somewhere a just below the general moviegoers' opinion of MoS.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

6 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

It did? Based on what?

And I thought WW was already supposed to have done that?