DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

9 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

IM2 was a fiasco where Paramount told the media they believed it would set a new weekend record on Friday afternoon and then it came up $30m short over the weekend, but that one looks pretty amazing next to what we're seeing with JLA this weekend. 

I dont like Iron Man 2 much but it made 98% of Iron Man 2 domestic Total and with 3D and inflation would be a healthy total today. 

I thought GOTG 2 was going to repeat the same but it did not. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

19 minutes ago, DAJK said:

If Wonder can somehow make it to 30M this weekend it would totally make up for JL opening in TASM2 territory.

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Lionsgate really does deserve MAJOR props for moving Wonder from the first weekend of April to right before Thanksgiving following those through-the-roof test screenings. They knew they had a hit on their hands.

Not be a dick who's like I told you so but:

In May 2016 I go " being a big box office hit, because it's become required reading for a lot of kids from first to fifth grade."

BOOM MOTHERFUCKERS

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

So how much in the negatives does Coco need to gross now for the equation JL > Ragnarok + Coco (courtesy of Steve Jaros) to have a chance?  

At this point, Coco might outgross JL by a healthy margin :hahaha::hahaha:

25 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

This is what happens went you don't put out a trailer with a hook.

BvS trailer had that Supes looking stunned when Bats managed to block his punch, Thor trailer had the Hulks smashing appearance.

Trailers have to have a hook to get people hyped, the JL trailers had nothing to get people interested.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

People like to believe conspiracy theories because they re-affirm what they already "know".

I don't think it was a conspiracy. I'm actually asking in all honesty. Was it RT or was it WB that was behind that idea?

I hope it was WB because I don't want to see it happen for big releases again. It was interesting how long they waited until after the show aired to start putting up the reviews.

Just now, AndyK said:

BvS trailer had that Supes looking stunned when Bats managed to block his punch, Thor trailer had the Hulks smashing appearance.

Trailers have to have a hook to get people hyped, the JL trailers had nothing to get people interested.

But...but...but...what about YEAHYUH???

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

I don't think it was a conspiracy. I'm actually asking in all honesty. Was it RT or was it WB that was behind that idea?

I hope it was WB because I don't want to see it happen for big releases again. It was interesting how long they waited until after the show aired to start putting up the reviews.

It was RT -- they started doing this a week or so ago. They're trying to get eyeballs on their own streaming show.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Durden said:

Under 100m doens't make any sense. This is a Justice League film.

And nobody gives a f..k. I have no doubt WW2 will drop from the first one as well, especially overseas where nobody gives a damn about her. I mean you can't add characters this famous in the crossover and recieve such a shitty BO result. It actually shows that they are worth nothing. Iron Man added a lot of money to every movie he was in, and WW and Batman didn't add a damn.

Edited by Firepower

12 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Looks like a nice opening for Wonder. Unfortunately I'm thinking any hopes for Blind Side type legs are going to be shot by a certain movie coming out next week.

Eh. They should be able to coexist fine. They're aiming for different family crowds (Coco is a fun time, Wonder is a "I LOVED THE BOOK" time). See Harry Potter vs. Monsters Inc

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Not be a dick who's like I told you so but:

In May 2016 I go " being a big box office hit, because it's become required reading for a lot of kids from first to fifth grade."

BOOM MOTHERFUCKERS

You put in on my radar, so congrats!

And, at least there's one big positive this weekend with Wonder's performance:)...now, the little engine that could needs to get started:)...2 for 3 wouldn't be bad (and if I like JL, it goes on my list of "movies which crashed and burned which I loved" where Clue currently places in the top 5:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Just now, filmnerdjamie said:

The new film will always pay for the sins of the last film, box-office wise. Why, oh why, do so many not remember that?

But, But, the last film was WW. Honestly I figured WW wouldn’t play to big a role in JL’s grosses. 

Just now, AndyK said:

How about a movie without a hook?