DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

4 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

The new film will always pay for the sins of the last film, box-office wise. Why, oh why, do so many not remember that?

Um.....War for the Planet of the Apes was the lowest grosser of the new ”Apes”-trilogy....but that film did not pay for it’s sins and yet that film underperformed far below expectations in the summer despite great quality. :unsure:

No need to act like the smartest one and that SOME people here doesn’t understand box office patterns when they do.

Thank god, ”Thor: Ragnarok” didn’t pay for the sins of ”The Dark World”, though. Since MCU knows how to deliver critically pleasing blockbusters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I want to see sub-100, just so we can see the spin that comes from WB. It's rare, but sometimes a studio will admit failure in these situations. Wonder if we might see something along those lines Sunday morning if the number is bad enough. 

The spins from studio execs are my favorite. They always manage to bring out the most obscure and ridiculous comparisons.

Exciting.

• Like 1

saw Justice League on my lunch break today and it was pretty darn awesome. One thing is for sure much better legs than BvS.  

The last hour is epic. First hour is good.

Top 5 comic book film for me since 08.

8.5/10

• Like 6

Wonder to me this year has always been a fascinating box office question. It's a book with the popularity of the Fault in Our Stars... but it's primary demographic is kids, who don't rush out to see things on opening weekend. What will this mean for its run? How will the holds pay-off? Clearly it hasn't hurt opening weekend much, unless school field trips are inflating these Friday numbers. Very curious to see where it goes.

• Like 2

Just now, Christmas baumer said:

saw Justice League on my lunch break today and it was pretty darn awesome. One thing is for sure much better legs than BvS.  

The last hour is epic. First hour is good.

Top 5 comic book film for me since 08.

8.5/10

I've been agreeing with you way too much recently so either I end up loving Justice League or this finally breaks the streak

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

Yeah, Warner Bros's peaks and valleys in 2017 have been especially dramatic. It's hard to believe that the same marketing department that got It and Wonder Woman to such lofty heights also flubbed Blade Runner 2049 (despite excellent reviews) and may miss a benchmark no one thought Justice League could possibly miss. (And that's to say nothing of their King Arthur reboot, but let's be honest: they knew they had a bomb on their hands and had the good sense to not even bother with trying to salvage it.)

• Like 2

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Um.....War for the Planet of the Apes was the lowest grosser of the new ”Apes”-trilogy....but that film did not pay for it’s sins and yet that film underperformed far below expectations in the summer despite great quality. :unsure:

No need to act like the smartest one and that SOME people here doesn’t understand box office patterns when they do.

Thank god, ”Thor: Ragnarok” didn’t pay for the sins of ”The Dark World”, though. Since MCU knows how to deliver critically pleasing blockbusters.

WftPotA was a special case: it seemd like a copy of Dawn to the GA and its grimdark tone and story didnt exactly warrant repeat viewings (and i love the movie btw).

Thor 2 certainly was forgotten when Ragnarok came out. The predecessor for Iron Man 3 wasnt Iron Man 2 aswell, it was The Avengers. MCU movies have the advantage of overall goodwill from the GA thanks to quality control.

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

Wonder to me this year has always been a fascinating box office question. It's a book with the popularity of the Fault in Our Stars... but it's primary demographic is kids, who don't rush out to see things on opening weekend. What will this mean for its run? How will the holds pay-off? Clearly it hasn't hurt opening weekend much, unless school field trips are inflating these Friday numbers. Very curious to see where it goes.

I'm positive it's going to get either an A or A+ CinemaScore grade so WOM will go a long way. Personally I'm expecting a miniscule drop next weekend.

• Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm positive it's going to get either an A or A+ CinemaScore grade so WOM will go a long way. Personally I'm expecting a miniscule drop next weekend.

I wouldn't be surprised with an increase. Only thing that's keeping that back for me is the school field trip inflation