DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Good Xmas through New Years holds are going to be crucial for JL having any kind of good multi. There's really no other weekends it's likely to have good holds. Should drop at least 50% next weekend based on comparative openers, and the following weekend will likely be 60%+. 

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Good Xmas through New Years holds are going to be crucial for JL having any kind of good multi. There's really no other weekends it's likely to have good holds. Should drop at least 50% next weekend based on comparative openers, and the following weekend will likely be 60%+. 

December 8 is really the only weekend I can see it enjoying a good hold. It's gonna be too little too late by the time Christmas/New Years come along.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It's hilarious how much this feels like Superman Returns/The Devil Wears Prada all over again. Justice League actually has a good shot at barely squeaking past $200M now while Wonder could very well be on track for $120M+.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=superman06.htm&adjust_yr=2017&p=.htm

Superman Returns

Domestic Total Adj. Gross: $272,782,500

• Like 2

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

MOTHERFUCKERS, THIS A MOTHERFUCKIN' TRAIN COMIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No idea what you guys are talking about but yeah totes makes sense you have a Lady Bird avatar. Yet another movie about a selfish teenager with dumb issues that you relate to. :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So was it WB that was behind that stunt on RT? As far as holding back the score for that stupid show? Because I know the reviews started coming out on Metacritic the night before but not many people go there.

I thought RT was behind it and trying to gain extra attention to get people to tune in.....but now I'm not so sure. Seems like WB knew what they had and wanted word to get out as late as possible.

I'm going to be really irritated if they start pulling that for other big releases if it was a RT thing. They better not do that for TLJ.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

No idea what you guys are talking about but yeah totes makes sense you have a Lady Bird avatar. Yet another movie about a selfish teenager with dumb issues that you relate to. :P

Best part is she wants to get out of her shitty hometown to a cultured place :) 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

If it has those drops it's going to be around $5-7m by the time SW opens and plenty of other films will be wanting to those screens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

So was it WB that was behind that stunt on RT? As far as holding back the score for that stupid show? Because I know the reviews started coming out on Metacritic the night before but not many people go there.

I thought RT was behind it and trying to gain extra attention to get people to tune in.....but now I'm not so sure. Seems like WB knew what they had and wanted word to get out as late as possible.

I'm going to be really irritated if they start pulling that for other big releases if it was a RT thing like TLJ.

People like to believe conspiracy theories because they re-affirm what they already "know".

• Like 1