TigerPaw

Monday (27 Nov) - JL $2.1m - Down 76%, Coco 2.3M - Down 84%

32 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Chris Evans's Trump rants are the best though.

I disagree. I had to roll my eyes at the bottle tweet because that picture didn't tell the full story. It was a full on fight and both were totally in the wrong. I watched plenty of live footage from the that actual event and saw all the other photographs.

But again, people are free to believe whatever they want. I just wish with stuff like that, that people did more research instead of just listening to a celebrity. That's happening less and less these days.

Even saying that is probably unpopular but whatever. Kind of just ignoring it all unless I feel forced to say something.

Anyway, I'm not staying on politics. I don't go on that thread because I get enough of it everywhere else.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mredman said:

it dropped less than FB [mod edit]

Coming back everyday and having to endure this [imaginary] suffering from a forum that’s full of trolls and haters must not be healthy for you. 

I’m not judging, but are you sure masochism is how you want to live your life? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, mredman said:

it dropped less than FB [mod edit]

I'll ask you this one more time. If you believe this website is full of biased hater trolls who go out of their way to hate everything DC, why do you still regularly post here? The beautiful thing about the Internet is that there are hundreds of other places to discuss box office and DC that don't have Marvel trolls, and fit your sensibilities. If you want to waste your time getting mad at people who think Justice League isn't doing good box-office wise, be my guest, but it seems a bit unproductive if you ask me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

Coming back everyday and having to endure this [imaginary] suffering from a forum that’s full of trolls and haters must not be healthy for you. 

Again, the mental gymnastics have to be exhausting. This movies not worth this effort.

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

No wonder he likes Snyder's superman.

• Like 1

Yesterday isn't a surprise...many of us noted theaters were dead for everything.  I mean, as bad a drop as it is, JL might be the best % drop for the day (although I'm expecting that crown to go to MOE)...it's the joy of the holiday Sunday into the discount Tuesday...no one wants to pay for Monday except those getting the senior discount day (or who have Moviepass:)...

We'll see what movies recover today...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mredman said:

it dropped less than FB but i guess you laughed there too right or are you just a hypocrite

this board is done its full of hater trolls. Its IMDB board nr 2. Where non biased posters are no welcome anymore. sad that this board has become what it is. Its full of Marvel trolls. it is also a mob mentality here now too. terible stuff going on here

Go somewhere else then. If you can’t stand people calling stuff like they see it, you shouldn’t have came to a box office forum. When a movie isn’t doing well, we tend to call it like we see it. Have you followed any other movies besides CBMs box office wise on here?

6 minutes ago, mredman said:

on par with Mockingjay and a little better drop than FB 2nd monday.

They don’t care about that. Maybe stop responding to them and let them have their echo chamber. I actually skip the posts of some of the usual suspects who add nothing new.

Anyway, what Tuesday number would you deem okay? Should it increase by at least 30%? At this point, I am hoping for 250. It will be extremely tough though. 250 gives it a shot at 700 worldwide which would be a small victory, as that seems to be a threshold. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

They don’t care about that. Maybe stop responding to them and let them have their echo chamber. I actually skip the posts of some of the usual suspects who add nothing new.

Anyway, what Tuesday number would you deem okay? Should it increase by at least 30%? At this point, I am hoping for 250. It will be extremely tough though. 250 gives it a shot at 700 worldwide which would be a small victory, as that seems to be a threshold. 

well it will play during holidays so i can see this happening. FB jumped to 2.9 on tuesday. Lets see how JL does

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sam said:

I think even if Deadpool and Infinity War failed to out-open its respective predecessors, that still has nothing to do with how and why JL failed to do what it’s expected to.

Deadpool was a surprised breakout with a hook/novelty. So if the sequel dropped off from its predecessor, that’s just it following common trend that we see all the times in sequels regardless of genres

Unless we’re talking about an OW drop to under 100M (which is an indication of something else entirely), we already see Ultron decrease from The Avengers, so why would another drop off indicate anything other than it’s performing like a part of a franchise, on its own merit.

Hmmm I don’t agree.

Infinity War is the culmination of the Avengers story as we know it. It’s what all marvel films have been leading to. 

To open under Ultron would be a shock. 

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

I’m 50% sure 2018 May see a fall for superhero movies domestically.

Hmmm, maybe but it'll be close based on how I see it anyway. I don't think you're crazy but it'll be marginal either way.

Black Panther: $250-300m (could go higher, I don't see less)     Logan: $226m

New Mutants: $100-130m (lower expectations by all on this, hopefully lower budget also) Lego Batman: $175m

Avengers Infinity War: $400-500m (the film to balance the scale of any significantly lower CBM film for the year) Guardians Galaxy vol.2: $390m

Deadpool 2: $250-300m (Crowd pleaser but I expect some drop all the same)  Wonder Woman: $412m

Ant-Man & the Wasp: $200-225m (Crowd pleaser but like Thor & Cap films should increase) Spider-man Homecoming: $334m

Venom: $150-175m (Previews pending, major wildcard here) Kingsman Golden Circle: $101m

Dark Phoenix: $175-200m (wildcard, how does New Mutants do, what do Previews tell us, could go up/down) Thor Ragnarok: $300m+

Aquaman: $200-225m (Previews pending, could go up/down depending on JL holdover thoughts) Justice League: $225m+

Incredibles 2: $250-300m

Teen Titans Go! To the Movies: ?????? ($50-75m)

Animated Spider-man: ??????? ($75-100m)

I'd like to think Teen Titans and Spider-man can hit those lower numbers if TMNT animated can manage $50m. I don't expect Lego style numbers for sure.

If they take off it'll add separation in the positive and make 2018 that much better overall than 2017 and it won't be marginal. 

2017: 2.1 Billion Domestic

2018: $2 Billion - $2.2 Billion