FlashMaster659

Monday #s - TLJ 21.6M

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Also @redfirebird2008 I agree with the 3x comment. If it wasn't the holidays though I think it would have opened higher while still giving us a total comfortably over 600m. 

Yes, a summer release would be closer to $250m opening and still hit 700+ total. Bigger opening and shorter legs, but very similar overall results. 

• Like 1

I see no reason to change my opinion that it’ll hit 3.5x its opening weekend. Monday doesn’t change that at all. School kids always get the same amount of time off every year, it makes no difference WHEN that time occurs. As you can see from the stats posted most people aren’t off yet. They will be soon, and they will be just as long, and that will stretch into January not end on January 2. Most parents I know have their kids off until the 8th. 

Folks jumping the gun again. Next week midweekdays will be bigger than this week's for the most part. It's doing fine.

Same thing happened last year with RO, where some people started underpredicting it, becasue monday hold wasn't nearly as crazy as TFA's...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 2

22-24m feels pretty solid to me considering we’re not into full on holidays yet. I’m actually more interested in what happens on Tuesday considering how big cheap Tuesdays have become. 

The real meat meat of this movies run is going to start next Monday. 

It’s an East Coast and Midwest thing I assume. Literally everyone I know up and down the West Coast is off this week. I’m really glad I didn’t grow up elsewhere. Their schedules make NO sense! You always get a week off before Xmas and a week after. I don’t understand why anyone would be at school through Friday when Christmas is Monday. It’s bizarre to me. 

• Like 1