AniNate

SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge Out of Water | Paul Tibbitt | Feb. 6, 2015 | First Trailer on Page 9

It's not like I'm getting plastered and then going to the theater. No, I mean a couple of shots with a couple of drinks. Can thoroughly increase the enjoyment of certain movies. Seeing Bad Grandpa tipsy was one of the best moviegoing choices I made last year.

• Like 5

• Community Manager

I saw the trailer. I thought the animated scenes were pretty fantastic but the live-action bits were painful. Right now I'd pass on the movie but I could see this doing well with Spongebob fans. Of which there are many off....

• Like 1

To be honest, it looks fine. I think the 2D animation is really good, and if the live-action sequences had been done in 2D instead of 3D, I may have enjoyed it a lot more.

Still, it's kinda sad to see how 2D animation is being completely squandered when one of the few 2D animated cartoons is now being pushed into a 3D cartoon.

• Like 3

If the characters had been done in 2D animation in both the underwater and the above-water sequences, then I would've been sold. The movie does look really funny. But seeing the characters in 3D CGI format doesn't really strike a cord with me.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

What is with hate from the trailer. It looks and seems exactly how the old show was.

I don't hate the comedy. The comedy is spot-on with the original show, which is one of the best from the early 2000s. But the style just seems...unnatural.

• Like 1

I liked it! Being serious. It almost felt like they got the old writers back. "Alright, all secondary characters come with me", "justice is best soft served", thats witty writing and thats what SS was known for. Yeah it probably wouldve been better with all 2D, but I'll still be checking it out. It looks like Paramout actually took this serious.

• Like 3

I will say this though; even though I think this looks better than expected, I'd be on its side a lot more if the superheroes SpongeBob and Co. became actually coincided with the IJSLA

tumblr_m32250cBRx1qjo0fno1_500.jpg

(Yes, I posted this last trailer. No, my opinion hasn't changed)

• Like 2