WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 80) | Black Panther 111.7M | Game Night 17M | Peter Rabbit 12.8M | Annihilation 11.1M | Fifty Shades Freed 7.1M | Jumanji 5.7M

5 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

WoW that's a good day..... i wonder if it'll be able to stay around 40mil to beat JW's Sunday as well, 10% drop is pretty feasible right? 

Not after opening weekend. There’s no Monday holiday to boost the Sunday this time. I believe Jurassic World’s second Sunday was also Father’s Day, which is the reason for its 2% drop 

Edited by The Fast and the Furiosa
  • Like 2

Holy crap, I was joking with the 46.9. Even if it ends up a bit below this early estimate with, say, 44, It would be comfortably above the Avengers for 2nd best 2nd Sat, and could beat JW for 2nd best 2nd weekend with a 22% Sunday drop or so.        

Also looks pretty hard to miss 100 now— you’d need today to come in well below and/or a pretty weak Sunday drop.

• Like 2

While we cannot know for sure, expecting or hoping for a Sunday drop under 25% is setting yourself up for big disappointment. Should come in around -30% at the least. However, the 100m weekend could theoretically inflate it some. 

As other noted, fathers day was on JWs 2nd Sunday so you cannot in anyway compare them. 

105 would be a 48% drop, which I believe only puts it behind Spider-man, Thor, and Wonder Woman for 21st century CBM second weekend holds. If it can hit 107m, it will beat Thor's (inexplicable) best second weekend hold in the MCU. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

105 would be a 48% drop, which I believe only puts it behind Spider-man, Thor, and Wonder Woman for 21st century CBM second weekend holds. 

SM had no previews. Even Thor in 2011 had lower % of previews compared to OW. It's Novermber weekdays didn't take away much from the 2nd weekend. But like with Wonder Woman, BP had very strong Mon-Thu cume (in it's case due to insane 40m on Monday; in Wondy's case due to mid-Summer) which satiates some demand before the 2nd weekend. So their drops are more creditable imo. That DP fell 57% and then had good legs shows BP can have a 650 dom run after falling 10 points less.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

SM had no previews. Even Thor in 2011 had lower % of previews compared to OW. It's Novermber weekdays didn't take away much from the 2nd weekend. But like with Wonder Woman, BP had very strong Mon-Thu cume (in it's case due to insane 40m on Monday; in Wondy's case due to mid-Summer) which satiates some demand before the 2nd weekend. So their drops are more creditable imo. That DP fell 57% and then had good legs shows BP can have a 650 dom run after falling 10 points less.

With the ridiculously weak March slate ahead, who really knows what it could do. A Winkle in Time isn't even direct competition no matter what it does. Sub 50% second weekend is already crazy for a CBM

• Like 1