The Panda

BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time: 2018 Edition - DEADLINE IS TODAY! SEND A LIST!

9 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

my list panda i'll pm this closer to the deadline but i doubt there's gonna be any changes. 

Reveal hidden contents

Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat back-to-back + The Glimmer Man. What's not to like?

10 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

my list panda i'll pm this closer to the deadline but i doubt there's gonna be any changes. 

Hide contents

1. Roman J. Israel, Esq

2. Sucker Punch

3. Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey

4. The Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station

5. The Flintstones in Viva Las Vegas

6. Rover Dangerfield

7. Under Siege 2: Dark Territory

8. The Red Shoes

9. Meet Dave

10. Showgirls

11. Hollow Man

12. The Croods

13. Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit

14. The Glimmer Man

15. S.W.A.T.

16. Space Jam

17. Norbit

18. Meshes of the Afternoon

19. Austin Powers in Goldmember

20. The Recruit

21. Undercover Brother

22. The Devil's Advocate

23. Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium

24. Hot Shots Part Deux

25. Jingle All The Way

26. Black Orpheus

27. The 'Burbs

28. Street Fighter

29. Mortal Kombat

30. Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny

31. Wild Hogs

32. Envy

33. The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas

34. Big Fat Liar

35. The Spirit

36. Basic Instinct

37. Rocky III

38. Bringing Down The House

39. Nights of Cabiria

40. Darkman

41. Open Season

42. Hall Pass

43. Fool's Gold

44. Spider-Man 3

45. Jupiter Ascending

46. Digimon The Movie

47. Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2

48. Un Chien Andalou

49. Revenge of the Sith

50. Napolean Dynamite

51. Trumbo

52. George of the Jungle

53. Blank Check

54. Michael Jackson's This Is It

55. Revenge of the Nerds

56. Beavis and Butthead Do America

57. The Seventh Seal

58. I Spy

59. Bicentennial Man

60. Captain Ron

61. Titan A.E.

62. S1m0ne

63. The Pagemaster

64. The Cowboy Way

65. Timecode

66. Coneheads

67. Spice World

68. Mulholland Drive

69. Half Baked

70. Lottery Ticket

71. Doug's First Movie

72. Takers

73. Muppets From Space

74. The Change-Up

75. Crank

76. Alien Ressurection

77. Dinner for Schmucks 

78. The 400 Blows

79. Transformers: Dark of the Moon

80. Sleepwalkers

81. How Do You Know

82. Aliens in the Attic

83. Cats and Dogs

84. The Lone Ranger

85. Like Mike

86. Looney Tunes Back In Action

87. Soul Plane

88. Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans

89. He's Just Not That Into You

90. Grumpier Old Men

91. Demolition Man

92. You Don't Mess With The Zohan

93. Dragnet

94. Joe Dirt

95. Transformers: The Movie

96. Your Highness

97. Fred Claus

98. Herbie: Fully Loaded

99. Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience

100. Captain America: Civil War

Could you please remove Showgirls, Basic Instinct and The Pick of Destiny as these are good movies.

9 hours ago, aabattery said:

May as well post some FYC's:

rififi-movie-poster-1955-1020422865.jpg91Sjq4f9hHL._RI_.jpg6hmBzmb82AcDoO1KYWEQF8Tobdt.jpg90fd4f88f588ae64038134f1eeaa023f_500x735grizzly_man_ver2_4075.jpglast-temptation-of-christ-movie-poster-1my-cousin-vinny-movie-poster-1992-102026when-harry-met-sally-1989.jpgfitzcarraldo-movie-poster-1982-102046727

Plus everything else on my list I guess.

I love My Cousin Vinny - that was gonna make the bottom of my list, but I wanted a little movie variety (and I had a lot of comedy and courtroom movies already:)...if folks haven't watched that one, I'd put that on the list...

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aabattery said:

Not gonna be my final list, but this is what I've got at this stage. Don't have a full 100 yet because it was already getting really fuzzy between them near the end of this bunch. The last ~30 are gonna be a real pain.

Reveal hidden contents

After this we gotta do an offshoot countdown of BOT's Top 69 Nicest Movies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

Could you please remove Showgirls, Basic Instinct and The Pick of Destiny as these are good movies.

Basic Instinct had unbelievable buzz when it was released. Granted, most of it was due to Sharon Stone’s legendary performance as well as the headlines grabbing interrogation scene; but the movie is an excellent thriller from a time when Hollywood made great thrillers. Those days are no more, sadly.

Basic Instinct will definitely be on my list. I’m not sure exactly where it will be other than it is a top 50 movie for me.

• Like 1

If you love Blade Runner and Westworld, look no further... among the newest additions to my top 100 

Little FYC from Asia

(NOT the Scarlett Johansson remake)

gits.jpg ghost-in-the-shell-2-innocence-582aa4450

Outstanding movies, especially the 2nd one. 1st one might not make my cut but 2nd definitely will

And those visuals in Innocence.... :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod:

This movie is simply mesmerizing, a real treat for the eyes. The whole movie could be a gif. Screenshots from google below (click for 1080p)

Spoiler

9OBZCGI.jpg

N0UO6Yp.jpg

city-version.jpg

i4BfyDC.jpg

That's it for your consideration lads

3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

If you love Blade Runner and Westworld, look no further... among the newest additions to my top 100 

Little FYC from Asia

(NOT the Scarlett Johansson remake)

gits.jpg ghost-in-the-shell-2-innocence-582aa4450

Outstanding movies, especially the 2nd one. 1st one might not make my cut but 2nd definitely will

And those visuals in Innocence.... :ohmyzod: :ohmyzod:

This movie is simply mesmerizing, a real treat for the eyes. The whole movie could be a gif. Screenshots from google below (click for 1080p)

Reveal hidden contents

That's it for your consideration lads

I'm sorry but why would I want to watch an animated remake of a terrible film?

• ...wtf 1

A one or two sentence breakdown for each film in my top 20:

1. Jaws:  The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.  Perfect on every level of film making.

1. ET:  A beautiful story about loneliness and the bond between a boy and an alien.  I still get emotional watching this film.

2. Halloween:  One of the scariest films ever made because it relied on so many subtle tricks.  A shadow on the walls, a blurry masked killer in the background. 

1. JFK:  The best edited film of all time and one of the greatest casts ever assembled.  Stone's Magnus Opus.

2. Empire Strikes Back:  The best of the Star Wars films and the best sequel ever made.  Should have won best picture in 1980.

3. American Beauty:  A film that completely took me by surprise.  I can relate to Ricky Fitts and Lester Burnham even more today than I did in 1999.

4.  Raiders of the Lost Ark:  The greatest fictional hero ever created and lead by a dream team of Spielberg and Lucas, this is one of the best films of the 80's.

5.  Aliens:  Without a doubt the best film of 86.  The cast, the direction, the cinematography, the music, Bishop, Hudson, Newt.  Incredible film!

6.  Matrix:  One of the most shockingly amazingly brilliant and astute films of all time.  

7.  Fellowship of the Ring:  The best of the LOTR films.  To get a lump in my throat, the only scene in the series better than when Boromir tells Aragorn that he was his captain and his king, is in ROTK when Aragorn tells the hobbits that they bow to no one.

8.  Texas Chainsaw Massacre:  The epitome and paradigm for what you can do with no money and a vision.  The most gruelling horror film ever made.

9.  Pulp Fiction:  There's never been a film like this one before and never will be again.  Made by someone who loves film as much as I do.

10. Terminator 2:  The first was terrific, this is bigger and better in ever way.  That takes nothing away from the original as it is also in my top 100.

11.  First Blood:  DirectorTed Kotcheff was never really heard from again after this film (well, Weekend at Bernies was a bit of a hit, but he should have been much more relevant).  Sad, because First Blood as as good as they come.

12. Titanic:  The best film of 1997 and incredibly, as good as this is, it's only Cameron's third best film.  

13. Stand By Me:  I never had friends like I did when I was twelve.  Jesus, does anyone?

14. Angel Heart:  Alan Parker should have won best director in 1987.  This is a slow burn and then the ending just kicks you in the nuts, eat your heart out M. Night.

15. Back to the Future:  One of the best feel good films of all time.  Amazing cast, terrific direction and a soundtrack to die for...that's the power of love, baby!

16. Nightmare on Elm Street:  A horror film unlike anything anyone had ever seen at this point.  Scared the shit out of me in 1984.

17. Scream:  Wes Craven pays homage to himself and many of the other great films and directors of horror that came before him.  If you love horror, you will simply love Scream.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Matrix:  One of the most shockingly amazingly brilliant and astute films of all time.  

Don't know how this didn't make my top 20, guess I just forgot? One of my most re watched films I would say.

Did you watch T2 in cinema Baumer? The opening credits were spectacular.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1