Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

I am very happy for Ava, Oprah, Reese, Chris and the entire cast of WiT, if it pulls off a weekend win. Girl Power!

It won’t be easy though. The Panther lurks not too far behind. I honestly don’t understand Deadline. How do they think it possible for Panther to pull offa 41-42 million weekend from an 8-9.5 million Friday? They should just stop underestimating this movie on Friday’s. Panther will probably go for around 11 million or more today. 

FWIW I saw hurricane Heist today and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's too bad they couldn't get at least one name in the cast that somebody would recognize because the effects are incredible and Rob Cohen really knows how to direct the hell out of an action film.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

A 40-45mil opening would be fine provided the film has legs. I just don't see it doing THAT well overseas.

I am curious about legs. That audience scores isn’t good.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm not surprised, my audience when I saw it last weekend was old.

Yep us octagenarians sure do help with a films legs.

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I am curious about legs. That audience scores isn’t good.

It's gonna take a while to really gauge the online reaction aside from the CS grade (which will probably be favorable in all likelihood), or at least until the trolls downvoting it without seeing it subsides.  

12 minutes ago, grim22 said:

SoCal seems to have not given the big screens to WIT. Most IMAX screens are still BP and most dolby screens are sharing.

I mean to be fair if the movie is at least visually stunning, I wouldn't mind seeing it on a bigger screen than in one of the smaller auditoriums. I'm just still on a sort of crusade against Disney for bullying theatres aka if I don't have anything to gain from their movie being a hit such as getting a sequel I want, then bombs away for all I care.

5 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

What about camp rock 2? :sparta:

Still above HSM3 tbh

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

FWIW I saw hurricane Heist today and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It's too bad they couldn't get at least one name in the cast that somebody would recognize because the effects are incredible and Rob Cohen really knows how to direct the hell out of an action film.

I think I'll see it tomorrow night. You said the effects were good... that's the only thing I'm worried about is it looking like a TV movie. For me, terrible effects takes me right out of a movie no matter how entertained I might be. It's at least better-looking than Sharknado right ?

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's gonna take a while to really gauge the online reaction aside from the CS grade (which will probably be favorable in all likelihood), or at least until the trolls downvoting it without seeing it subsides.  

Yeah. I mean I get trolls but you’d have to think the score wouldn’t be that bad especially if the film has its fans. Irony is CS might be reliable for once.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

11 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Me having explosive diarrhea, a migraine all together with a root canal at the same time >>>>then anything on that list 

all three high school musical films are good. they're honestly good high school movies.

• Like 1

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Tomb Raider: 1:53. Attachments unknown.
Love, Simon: 1:46. Attachment is Deadpool 2 (NEW TRAILER)

I Can Only Imagine: 1:46. Attachments are The Miracle Season and Unbroken 2

7 Days in Entebbe: 1:39. Attachment is Tully

• Like 1

I don't have any urge to see Wrinkle in Time despite being a fan of the director because I could care less about Disney fairy tale kids movies, but if you believe those audience scores are legitimate reviews from parents taking their kids and not just racist trolls, you're either completely delusional or one of those trolls yourself. Sorry, call it like I see it. 

• Like 11