Alli

Weekend Thread: Weekend estimates pg 38...BP 41.14....WIT 33.31

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

Ugh sometimes customers are so frustrating to the point where they don't make sense.

So we had an opera this morning that I worked alone with the manager, and we made coffee ahead of time considering everyone who comes is pretty much over 70. And this lady comes out with her coffee asking for a ''refund because it is lukewarm''. And you know, I didn't necessarily agree because I poured it straight from the pot and it was steaming but you know, to each their own. I do not mind refunding a 1.50 coffee.

And so I just decided to ask if she wanted me to make her a fresh pot because I was going to put one on. So she asked what kind of coffee it was and I showed her the label, saying ''it's just the same one you have there'' and she's like ''oh well I don't know what it tastes like it's too hot to drink'' 

190f4j7jji9bhjpg.jpg 

Hope you didn’t refund the coffee, that old lady was scheming

• Haha 3

I saw A Wrinkle in Time today and I can definitely see why it got a tepid CS grade. Not a poor movie, but it takes way too long to get going (it doesn't really take off until an hour in...and the movie is more than halfway over by that point).

I'm kinda surprised that Disney is still tracking Thor: Ragnarok when it's already over a significant milestone.

Glad to see that Black Panther is still kicking ass and taking names, though Disney was looking at a 1-2 finish this weekend no matter what.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

20 would be absolutely incredible.

100% increase sounds crazy, BUT...

1st weekend True Friday to Saturday = 30% jump

2nd weekend Friday to Saturday = 65% jump

3rd weekend Friday to Saturday jump = 85%

this is playing HUGE on saturdays 

Edited by HouseOfTheSun
  • Like 1

Saturday Late Night: Late night estimates show that Disney’s A Wrinkle in Time is still second to Marvel’s mighty Black Panther with respective ticket sales of $34M and $41.7M. This despite the fact that industry estimates show Ava DuVernay’s feature take on Madeleine L’Engle’s novel +36% today with $14M over Friday’s $10.3M.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/a-wrinkle-in-time-black-panther-weekend-box-office-1202324260/

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, ronisssantos said:

Saturday Late Night: Late night estimates show that Disney’s A Wrinkle in Time is still second to Marvel’s mighty Black Panther with respective ticket sales of $34M and $41.7M. This despite the fact that industry estimates show Ava DuVernay’s feature take on Madeleine L’Engle’s novel +36% today with $14M over Friday’s $10.3M.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/a-wrinkle-in-time-black-panther-weekend-box-office-1202324260/

53% Sat jump for WIT (minus previews). Not bad.

18.6M for Black Panther is around 86% jump. In line with last week. Great number! 

• Like 2

The problem with seeing so many movies in theatre is that you never check the Sunday night premiere movie on paytv and think that looks interesting and I haven’t seen it. 

15 minutes ago, Sam said:

53% Sat jump for WIT (minus previews). Not bad.

18.6M for Black Panther is around 86% jump. In line with last week. Great number! 

WIT not quite getting a family movie jump. Looks like it is playing very very young so just a kiddie matinee like jump. This means it should see big Tuesday jumps but also makes it vulnerable to Sherlock Gnomes as kids entertainment.

Wrinkle's doing extremely well at my theatre. Our equivalent of 44M is the lowest I see it going, could maybe at 2-4M onto that if matinees tmr are strong enough.

Hurricane Heist will be o/u 5M for the weekend, Strangers o/u 4M

So they’re projecting a 13.1 Sunday — -29.6%. That is almost exactly between the last two Sun drops.    

In order to beat TFA’s 4th weekend it would need a 13.8 Sun (-25.8%). That’ very close to its 2nd weekend Sun drop, so definitely still within reach.

8 hours ago, a2knet said:

And 675 dom is low too now. Just 113 away after a 41 weekend. Deadpool's legs take it close to 690 and it's been trending better. 690 + 585 = 1275 ww or more imo.

The question is whether Black Panther will actually have the same spring break behaviour as Deadpool had. Deadpool's legs mostly stem from the fact that it suddenly behaved completely different than in its first few weeks. That may or may not be something that a movie which is already holding well (and which has made far more money already) might be able to replicate.

Deadline's updated weekend estimates http://deadline.com/2018/03/a-wrinkle-in-time-black-panther-weekend-box-office-1202324260/

1) Black Panther (DIS), 3,942 theaters (-142)  / $10M Fri  /$18.6M Sat/3-day: $41.7M (-37%)/Total: $562.6M/Wk 4

2) A Wrinkle in Time (DIS), 3,980 theaters  / $10.3m Fri (includes $1.2M previews)/$14M Sat/ 3-day: $34M /Wk 1

3) Strangers: Prey at Night (AVI), 2,464 theaters  / $4M Fri /$4M Sat/3-day: $10.5M /Wk 1

4) Red Sparrow (FOX), 3,064 theaters (+8)  / $2.3m Fri /$3.8M Sat/3-day: $8.4M (-50%)/Total: $31.4M/ Wk 2

5) Game Night (NL/WB), 3,061 theaters (-441) / $2.1m Fri /$3.6M Sat/3-day: $7.9M (-24%)/Total: $45M/Wk 3

• Like 1