Finnick

Weekend thread | Deadline Friday Est. (p.11) ~ PR:U 10.1M, BP 4.4M, ICOI 3.7M, TR 2.8M, SG 2.7M, AWIT 2.1M, L,S 2.3M, P,AOC 1.5M, MS 1.45M, GN 1.2M, U 1.3M

2 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Soderbergh is just one of those directors whose films have premises that just don't interest me. He's one of the best directors around and yet I've only seen half of his films. He hasn't made anything OMG great since the one-two-three punch of Traffic, Brockovich, and Ocean's 11. 

The Informant is better than all three of those imo.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The Informant is better than all three of those imo.

The Informant was fun, but I found it not as entertaining as Ocean's 11 and not as important/accomplished as Traffic or Erin Brockovich. 

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

Ocean's Eleven is one of the greatest films of all-time.

It's not in my top 100 but it's in my top 150.  Love that movie!

• Like 2

Animations don't fall below A- usually.

Paddington1 A

Paddington2 A

DM1 A

DM2 A

Minions A

DM3 A-

Cars1 A

Cars2 A-

Cars3 A

Peter Rabbit A-

Shrek1 A

Shrek2 A

Shrek3 B+

Shrek4 A

Gnomeo and Juliet B+

Sherlock Gnomes B+

Nut Job 2 B+

Nut Job 1 B

Emoji B

Edited by a2knet

35 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Animations don't fall below A- usually.

Paddington1 A

Paddington2 A

DM1 A

DM2 A

Minions A

DM3 A-

Cars1 A

Cars2 A-

Cars3 A

Peter Rabbit A-

Shrek1 A

Shrek2 A

Shrek3 B+

Shrek4 A

Gnomeo and Juliet B+

Sherlock Gnomes B+

Nut Job 2 B+

Nut Job 1 B

Emoji B

Ha! Shrek 3 is the best of the four. 

• ...wtf 1

http://deadline.com/2018/03/pacific-rim-uprising-black-panther-weekend-box-office-1202352184/

‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Doesn’t Create Waves At $26M+; ‘Black Panther’ Sets Marvel Record & Beats ‘Avengers’

Similar to that Lara Croft movie, the Legendary/Universal title’s $26.6M domestic opening is so low next to its estimated $155M net production cost, the studios have no choice but to depend on foreign to bail them out. In addition, moviegoers had the same reaction to both movies with a B CinemaScore. We’ve seen this crash, bang, boom before, but in two different movies. They were titled Transformers and Godzilla.

Aside from Black Panther becoming the highest grossing Marvel movie ever at the domestic box office with $630.5M, this weekend has turned into a dumping ground for new entries at the box office, and publicists, don’t try to tell us otherwise. Seriously. The irony is that the openings for the other four wide releases are so bad, it just makes Pacific Rim Uprising’s three-day look glamorous.

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 1