CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Shawn is predicting the extinction of the dinosaurs.

I have similar numbers. The marketing has been absolutely atrocious in a whole new level.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

139m is going to be shit, but it's after all expected with the way sequels have been falling short of their record breaking

predecessors. 

Dang it. I shouldn't have upped my derby predictions after the massive Australian OD and the 45+ by deadline. Still a great opening, though I would be lying if I didn't say that I am a bit disappointed.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I have similar numbers. The marketing has been absolutely atrocious in a whole new level.

I doubt it'll drop that badly, I think $150-160m personally but I do think Universal has dropped the ball marketing wise, it's a good thing it's got an early OS release because it'll be the only blockbuster for a whole film so it'll do huge business OS by default.

Just got back from it.

I loved it. 2nd favourite Marvel movie behind Ragnarok for me. Thanos and Thor i loved especially, but nearly all the characters were great. Will see it a 2nd time for sure.

Though i dont buy a multiplier of more than 2.4 for this movie. 600M DOM is pretty much dead (which doesnt matter at all, internationally its exploding). And my 224M OW Prediction still looks good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

Presales will already account for a good chunk of that.

True but walk up business will probably be strong too as it usually is and was with TFA and JW.

We'll see if this pulls an Ultron and estimates start lowering through the night or it pulls a JW and start increasing via rth.

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Remember when they went to 15 different talk shows to have interviews for a fucking trailer? I still think it was weird.

• Haha 2

Just now, aabattery said:

Prepare for TOG yelling at you about the trailer being good.

The teaser is one of the worst if not the worst teaser I have ever seen for a major blockbuster. The final trailer is bombastically bad as well, just a goddamn editing mess with no sense of epicness. I cannot believe this is the same team who did the marketing for the first movie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Without looking, I bet there were melt downs when the preview came in below 45. I remember some wanted it higher this morning.

People were too busy laughing at Deadline to really get a good meltdown on, IMO.

(That and 39m is a really great number in and of itself)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Prepare for TOG yelling at you about the trailer being good.

please one of you threadban him before this happens. a pre-emptive one.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Didn't turn out so great for all the box office gurus and their predictions last time around. DOM OW will be >150m - still a significant drop from JW but OS will make up for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1