CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

9 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Would $80M+ today put the OW record on play?

If it does over $80 million today then the OW record is gone. It would only need to beat the Sunday record by 3% at that point which would be easy after breaking the Saturday record by over 15%. 

80M would require a 61-62M Sunday depending on OD actuals, could be reached even with a 23% Sun drop. EZ  

I’m expecting more like a 76 Sat, needing a 65-66 Sun, 13% to 14.5% drop allowed. That is a near miss imo, but still in play.

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

People are seriously overestimating with the “over 80 million” guesses. I would love to be proven wrong but that number seems way too high when the previous Saturday record is under 70 million. 

Probably won't do 80. But, 67 true Friday likely locks up 75M+.

8 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

People are seriously overestimating with the “over 80 million” guesses. I would love to be proven wrong but that number seems way too high when the previous Saturday record is under 70 million. 

Probably are overestimating but remember, when TA1 broke the Saturday record it did so by $18 million. It broke the Sunday record by $12.5 million.

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Over $80 will be hard.  High 70s I think is quite possible

Avengers adjusted Sat is 78.63m and it's the only one of the near 70m Saturdays that 1) wasn't a heavily front loaded SW movie  and 2)  didn't open in summer when school was already out.