CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

3 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

All those people thinking TFA was operating at a virtual maximum at the box office it’s OW. giphy.gif

To be fair, this is looking to hit around the unadjusted OW record, which doesn’t really indicate that IW expanded the OW potential.

But TFA Adjusted still probably isn’t around max capacity simply because of the time of the year it opened in which deflated its weekend some.

2 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

Could you freaking imagine if it opened in China this weekend too? The last I saw IW was tracking for a $160M opening there so that would mean $785M+ worldwide. Speechless.

• Like 1

Wonder Woman had stellar word of mouth, it had nearly a 4.0 multi, which is unheard of for a modern comic book film and people are still whining about Empire City's opinion? His personal opinion didn't matter at all, why are some of you still so pressed about it? It's like caring about people who didn't like Black Panther. Why care about the minority opinion so much?

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I feel you dude, RPO deserve more than that hold......now if someone see legs as how a film received, RPO will be merely an OK film....

I'm more sad about Isle of Dogs. RP1 has already earned 500+ mln, but I hoped for better result for Anderson.  I hoped for some breakout...

Edited by KeepItU25071906

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

yes and I'm saying my wild guessing is far superior that's all... plenty of factors to take into account already.

Again I can't win. I've never seen someone compare their wild guessing to others....

It's just a movie man. I think your going into it with the mind set that it is going to change your life. 

6 hours ago, Rthanos said:

82 seems to be where its heading to

What @EmpireCity  mentioned earlier today

Is this why the site crashed last night? Between 11pm-12am PST, nothing was loading, kept giving me an error. :/

Amazing number though! 12 million more than the previous record, drop can't be too bad today, and the record is in the bag. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, YLF said:

They changed it yesterday. You can't watch a movie you already watched on moviepass again. They didnt email about it, but they updated it on their terms of service. You have to update the app in order to see movies you have already seen blocked out. Also, they said if you use the service without updating the app your account will be closed.

I also just read in the terms of service, that if you decide to cancel your subscription, you have to wait a minimum of 9 months before subscribing again.

Okay, i can't watch the same movie more than once in theaters, whatever; but i don't think i'm limited to just 4 movies a month. i signed up for this back in august 2017, i should still have unlimited access to films. i think it's just new subscribers that are just limited to 4 films a month.

Why would Disney call for a 245 million dollar opening weekend? That would have to be around a 25 or 27% drop on Sunday and with spillover business sure to be substantial I don't see how that happens. But then again it's Disney and they did this with the force awakens as well LOL

2 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

WW is only considered good because its in the DCEU, in almost any other franchise it would be one of the poorer movies. However JL is not 'fine' by any stretch.

Wonder Woman is considered good because most people think that it is good.

• Like 3