CJohn

INFINITY WAR WEEKEND THREAD | Actuals ~ 257.698M OW (RECORD) | 106.334M Friday, 82.131M Saturday (RECORD), 69.231M Sunday (RECORD) | 640.9M Worldwide Opening (RECORD) | Read the Rules on the First Post | SALE NOW LIVE

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm currently sitting in Super Troopers and there's about 20 other people in here but they're all chatting away during the pre show  about how excited they all are. Didn't go as a group, but just stragers talking about their excitement for this movie.

Goddamn, this movie has its fans. Like it's own Avengers, just a lot smaller.

Super Troopers has always had a huge cult-audience, hence the successful kickstarter for the sequel. I remember my friends used to quote the Meow joke all the time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm currently sitting in Super Troopers and there's about 20 other people in here but they're all chatting away during the pre show  about how excited they all are. Didn't go as a group, but just stragers talking about their excitement for this movie.

Goddamn, this movie has its fans. Like it's own Avengers, just a lot smaller.

Loved the first one. Was super hyped for the second. Shaved my goatee down to a mustache for preview night. Loved it. The first third was kind of slow, but the rest was hilarious.

• Like 1

was checking twitter on the sold out for AIW and many many may people have already saw the film twice lol and no it s not just the fan..... that s why the number is astronomic....

Insanity numbers lol :)

DP2, Venom, AMW, Animated Spidey and AQM remainder of SH movies this year. Only DP2 Dom can realistically beat AIW's ow. AMW has a chance as it's something Marvel but needs a ~45% bump from 180. Folks think Venom has a shot at 260+ but only the very high end scenario imo.

• Disbelief 1

7 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

I will definately be in that club, I seriously think that A4 will approach a.... 300 million ow;)

I think I would join you.

7 hours ago, Noctis said:

EmpireCity's a pretentious attention whore who receives gratification and personal satisfaction in his life by posting numbers on a box office forum and tries to act like the victim when he's attacking others. 

IronJimbo's just there

tenor.gif

6 hours ago, B D Joe said:

Infinity War felt much less exhausting than Ultron despite having 3X the characters.

This was almost 2.5 hours long and it flew by for me.  Ultron was not a good movie imo, it was a HUGE letdown.  IW is more than I hoped it would be.

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

When you realize that IW got $630m ww without China. :ohmygod:

Truly mindblowing.

5 hours ago, sabrecmc said:

My 12:30 show that day was almost totally sold out and it was playing on a bunch of screens.  Amazing on a Sunday.  I haven’t seen that even with TFA.

We're all flabergasted with the gross this weekend, but let's not start getting revionist history here.  TFA was busy every day of the holidays.  To say you didn't see that with TFA doesn't ring true.  I saw it every day with TFA.  

4 hours ago, BardCrank said:

Sunday will be 64m , you can quote me 

70 mill might hapen.  

3 hours ago, Rthanos said:

Not out of the realm of possibility

shocked.gif

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

I'm not gonna lie I honestly thought it was

I did too after Ultron and Civil War. Partially though it's because Infinity War is a vastly different film to Avengers while Ultron (and to a lesser extent Civil War) felt like the same thing we saw in Avengers with the same characters. If let's say they did Infinity War and it just had all the OG Avengers (plus the additions from Ultron) I doubt its Opening Weekend gets that much above $200M. 

Funny enough Infinity War's large cast works in the film's favour because we're essentially watching a Civil War sequel a GOTG sequel and a Thor sequel at the same time along with some cool followups to Black Panther, and Doctor Strange.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr