Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

17 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

So Sony is pretty much making a bunch of Spider-Man movies to stir up chaos in hopes Disney will decide to include them in the MCU?

No they're still trying to build their own Spiderverse, it has been the plan for some time.

They will probably include Spider-Holland at one point, and fast if SMFFH can't break $1B.

4 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

No they're still trying to build their own Spiderverse, it has been the plan for some time.

They will probably include Spider-Holland at one point, and fast if SMFFH can't break $1B.

FFH doesn't have to cross 1B to be a thumbs up for Sony/Marvel. No Spider-Man film has even crossed 900M yet, so if FFH gets to, say, Jumanji numbers, they'd be happy with that.

Although I do think that 1B should be the target, especially post-Infinity War and Avengers 4.

I think this movie looks pretty good, I can see it making decent numbers. The trailers convey a nice atmosphere that is unique among superhero movies, the cinematography looks decent and the dynamic between Venom and Eddie seems really good. And Venom himself looks very well realized. Cant agree with the complaints that it looks generic at all (aside from the villain, so far he does seem very uninspired), it looks much more somber and moody than other superhero flicks, I really hope the movie itself goes for that tone and is just as much a drama/character study as it is an action movie.

I really like the quote from the first teaser trailer: "Everyone´s got their thing. Maybe its a break-up. A death. An accident. Whatever it is - you used to be one thing. Now your something else." Thats a pretty profound line, I hope its a glimpse at what the movie will be going for. Though it might just be a line made specifically for the teaser.

6 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

and they will get a rude awakening when most of them flop since most people probably want Spider-Man's characters to actually appear in actual Spider-Man movies

Venom might be an exception since it can probably do OK in a Ghost Rider type of way 

42 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

So, has anyone heard about what the supposed official name for this shared universe is? It’s quite the mouthful. 

is it the Venormous Spiderifical Symbiotic Universe?

Tracking 

Venom
Opening Weekend Range: $30 – 50 million

Bruh... 

what the the hell Is happening here?

While Venom‘s social media conversation is on fire currently, the ratio of positive-to-negative comments is much lower than we’d like to see 

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-star-born-venom/

Edited by AJG
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, AJG said:

Tracking 

Venom

Bruh... 

Look at this opening weekend....

Look at those legs...

I think these numbers are toooo low and far from reality,  but BO are good in long range tracking:winomg:.

15 minutes ago, AJG said:

Tracking 

Venom

Bruh... 

Are they on drugs or something?! No way it's gonna make just 85$ mln total with x2 multiplier, that's absolutely incompetent tracking. What about Suicide Squad, which was basically in the same position? 

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So I guess those trailer views were partly driven by hate-watches lol

1.3 mln likes against 49k dislikes. So much hate!

Edited by Firepower

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So I guess those trailer views were partly driven by hate-watches lol

You know it is just a forecast, right? Predicting box office isn't easy, and this number doesn't prove your theory, or anything. Everyone makes mistakes, even box office pros:

The Meg
Opening Weekend Range: $10 – 20 million

Buzz for this Jason Statham-led homage to classic B-rate flicks is strong among genre fans, although early social media buzz isn’t indicative of a breakout yet. This could over-perform as a fun escapist flick in late summer if positive reviews precede the release, but we’re conservative for now.

https://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-ant-man-wasp-updates-early-look-meg/

• Like 2