Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

36 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Has the director made anything good since Zombieland

35 minutes ago, LegendaryBen said:

Unfortunately, no. 30 Minutes or Less and Gangster Squad were both flops with critics, audiences, and at the box office.

It's no surprise that Fleischer's next project after this is the 7/8-years-too-late Zombieland 2. Although watch that be a mediocre cash-grab as well.

Yea I am not NOT watching Venom cause some folks on Twitter compared it to Catwoman and Ghost Rider. I am not watching the movie because the trailers sucked and the god awful marketing with turd like toys hasn't drawn me in. 

Having said that, if I had seen horrendous marketing/trailers for a movie but then saw said movie get good reactions, I may change my mind. So if Venom ends up getting good reviews, I'll catch it at some point in time. But when I see a film that imo looks bad start getting bad reactions, I don't need to waste money/see anything for myself (this isn't just for Venom but for any film in general). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yea I am not NOT watching Venom cause some folks on Twitter compared it to Catwoman and Ghost Rider. I am not watching the movie because the trailers sucked and the god awful marketing with turd like toys hasn't drawn me in. 

Having said that, if I had seen horrendous marketing/trailers for a movie but then saw said movie get good reactions, I may change my mind. So if Venom ends up getting good reviews, I'll catch it at some point in time. But when I see a film that imo looks bad start getting bad reactions, I don't need to waste money/see anything for myself (this isn't just for Venom but for any film in general). 

I agree. If the majority of the reactions are positive and good, I might decide to watch it as well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

Are we talking about Spirit of Vengeance or the original Ghost Rider? Spirit of Vengeance was at least admirably bad. The original was forgettable schlock.

which one did he piss fire in

15 minutes of mad puppeteering post credit scenes confirmed.  :ph34r:

https://theplaylist.net/tom-hardy-venom-cuts-20180928/

Tom Hardy Jokingly Compares Himself To Sad Ben Affleck When He Says 30 To 40 Minutes Of ‘Venom’ Was Cut

In an interview with Comics Explained, Hardy and co-star Riz Ahmed are asked a fairly common question at press junkets — what was your favorite scene to film? However, Hardy’s answer is actually not so common and could be interpreted in a number of ways.

“There’s things that aren’t in this movie. There are like 30 to 40 minutes worth of scenes that aren’t in this movie,” he answered.

Hardy continued by describing the scenes he’s talking about, “Mad puppeteering scenes. Dark comedy scenes. You know what I mean? They just never made it.”

At this point, Ahmed, the professional that he is, interjects and jokes about why the scenes were cut. He says there’s probably a reason that they didn’t make it into the film, hinting that they weren’t up to par with the rest of the production. He jokingly adds, “I hate to break it to you.”

Hardy then alludes to the famous Sad Ben Affleck meme, and says, “Is that “The Sound of Silence” that plays on my face? ‘Hello darkness, my old friend.’ Thanks, bro.”

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

From 4:39 onwards. It’s fucking brilliant. All the scenes that were Hardy’s favourite got cut. Riz reveals that they had a screening and the scenes were no good. It’s so bloody awkward.

Riz is obviously joking around with Tom. He's not being serious. They're old friends

Edited by Pinacolada
  • Thanks 1