Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

15 minutes ago, TMP said:

Would be surprised if this got above 10% fresh on rotten tomatoes

My RT predictions are often trash but I'm thinking more 47% right now. I don't want the film to get bad reviews or to be bad.  I want all of these comic book movies to be good. I like the genre a lot.

Suicide Squad did not have good legs. It had August to itself and only managed a 2.4 multi. Also If it were so well received WB would have had a sequel out in 2 to 3 years like they are doing with Wonder Woman. And empty August and Summer weekdays are the only reason for that lackluster 2.4 multi for a non sequel.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

All this talk here about Suicide Squad has made me realize that there are a number of parallels between that movie and this, and while those parallels might bold well for this movie’s financial performance, they certainly don’t paint a good image from a critical standpoint. Interestingly enough, Tom Hardy was originally supposed to be in SS.