Neo

Venom | 5 OCTOBER 2018 | Sony | Tom Hardy is Venom. Social Media reactions coming in

14 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Wow, not a good movie.  The movie is really shitty and Sony knows it.  I can see why they have been trying desperately to not have anyone see it until now.  

It will open decently, but this will be dead by the time Halloween comes out.  

Is Spider-Man in it? That's all I want to know. 

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize that was a double post.

Edited by poweranimals

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

suck it h8rz

Illusion_preview.jpg

:Venom:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fantastic_four/twitter-reactions-from-early-fantastic-four-screening-major-a123570

The #FantasticFour movie was amazing!!!!

— Young Lexicon (@TheYoungLexicon) July 31, 2015

@RavePryde yeah they actually still have those, it's pretty dope how they set it up! But don't expect a "superhero" movie ...

@DuranAlek it was all that and much more!!! Definitely a good reboot!!! Go see it!!!

New #FantasticFour move was AWESOME! Shout out to cast and Big Boi for hosting! — James Cuth (@MrCuth) July 31, 2015

@DuranAlek Yes, it should surprise all the haters!

— ATL Jess (@jessehancock) July 31, 2015

@GoKira @Ludacris I'd give it a 99 and definitely pay to go see it again! Really good!

— ATL Jess (@jessehancock) July 31, 2015

Just watched @fantasticfour. EVERYONE gotta check it out THIS weekend! #michaelbjordan#fantasticfour

— DeMarcus Cousins (@boogiecousins) August 3, 2015
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 2

On 9/27/2018 at 2:40 PM, TalismanRing said:

Not every movie and  it happens when the movie opens O/S the same week as the U.S. and the studio doesn't want to lift the embargo early for the U.S.    The embargo lifting on a Wed/Thur for the U.S. is still out of the ordinary except  for studios like WB and even then if they think the reviews will be good they'll lift it earlier as with CRA (or earlier with festival play like ASIB).

RPO had early embargo drop as well but sometimes it can backfire as we saw with War for the Planet of the Apes. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

RPO had early embargo drop as well, it's usually a sign the studio is confident in a film but sometimes it can backfire as we saw with War for the Planet of the Apes. 

I think the subject matter and tone of WFTPA hurt more than any too early buzz.  Dropping early b/c they thought they were confident most likely hurt movies like ASM2 and X-APOC.  The reverse is I think not being confident enough in CR and dropping embargo so late took some of the wind out of it's sails.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1