Sheikh

Weekend Thread | Avengers 2nd Weekend - 114.774 only a 21.5% drop on Sunday

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

It was beating TA both in absolute numbers and % drops in the weekly dailies. If we come back to comparing this to cw and AOU then that’s very disappointing.

"Disappointing" isnt a word that is appropiate for IW's run honestly.

And the night is dark long and full of terrors dollars. If the West Coast feels like it, the numbers could go higher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

It was beating TA both in absolute numbers and % drops in the weekly dailies. If we come back to comparing this to cw and AOU then that’s very disappointing.

Sure but I never thought the comparisons between Avengers and Infinity War were gonna last past this Weekend. Worst case scenario if Infinity War plays exactly like Civil War today onwards it still makes $618M. If it plays like Ultron from today onwards it makes $660M. 

Both are superb results

• Like 2

To get to the same level as the Avengers drop we'd need an actual of $38,480,600 (-63.8% from Last Friday/-42% without previews)

Or to get the same jump as Avengers we'd be looking at $36,551,995 (The Avengers) or $38,210,631 (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

So, if it can push for $36.55M with excellent sales in late Friday that would be a massive improvement, but at the moment, the number is very good and it still comes 3rd/2nd for 2nd Friday's overall. The big test will be what the full weekend is, if it can drop close to 50% we're going to be looking at some very strong legs. 55% would be pretty good. closer to 60% would be concerning for legs.

• Thanks 1

something to consider too if the thursday number is very big the movie can t have a 150% for friday i mean 15.5 Thu is massive guys in school early may need to calm down:) so if friday is 32 33 it will be very good and we know ALL for about 10 years now that saturday is THE MCU day so no need to panic :D

The Avengers had a 52.9% drop from its true Friday (62.1M to 29.2M)

Age of Ultron had a 62.6% drop from its true Friday (56.8M to 21.2M)

Civil War had a 61% drop from its true Friday (50M to 19.6M)

Rth's number would indicate a 49.5% - 54% drop from IW's true Friday (67.3M to 31-34M). So I'd say we're still leaning more to The Avengers side of things.

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Sure but I never thought the comparisons between Avengers and Infinity War were gonna last past this Weekend. Worst case scenario if Infinity War plays exactly like Civil War today onwards it still makes $618M. If it plays like Ultron from today onwards it makes $660M. 

Both are superb results

Neither of them are superb results, one is bad and the other extremely disappointing.

• Haha 1

Just now, aabattery said:

The Avengers had a 52.9% drop from its true Friday (62.1M to 29.2M)

Age of Ultron had a 62.6% drop from its true Friday (56.8M to 21.2M)

Civil War had a 61% drop from its true Friday (50M to 19.6M)

Rth's number would indicate a 49.5% - 54% drop from IW's true Friday (67.3M to 31-34M). So I'd say we're still leaning more to The Avengers side of things.

Which means.....

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Neither of them are superb results, one is bad and the other extremely disappointing.

Yes $618M would be extremely disappointing for a film that is a finale/Part 1 and the 19th film in a franchise.....

Most people were expecting Civil War to Ultron legs at best for Infinity War

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Shut it all down. End the MCU. 10 years and what do we get, just 620-680m dom for one movie? We blew it I tell ya.

• Like 11