kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 hour ago, Alexandros said:

I see, thanks. Was it because of the hostilities between Trump and the Chinese government or the Huawei situation? I can't think of any other reason why Endgame wouldn't get that extension.

Endgame was granted the privilege of being released during that holiday weekend, so there's no further privilege such as extension. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I'm sorry but can you post it with screenshots? How do you mark?

I try it with a farther description first as I am not sure where to put a screen-shot up

I use a mouse with a left button, a right button and a wheel in the middle

1, I move the mouse till its position is where the text I want to mark starts,

2. I press constantly the left button and move the mouse over the words I want to mark, I see a changed background color for the marked words/letters

3. then the next steps, means either write the snip text or click on quote selection, depending on if I change a quote of try to select something to do a quote

3 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Endgame was granted the privilege of being released during that holiday weekend, so there's no further privilege such as extension. 

The date of release was perfect.

3 hours ago, nguyenkhoi282 said:

Yeah, I was floored they got that release date to begin with. That whole week and a half was gangbusters.

4 hours ago, GOATPeterJackson said:

If EG couldn't get an extension because of local bias, wouldn't that severely hamper the legs and supposed might of Avatar 2 in China? (Not turn go off-topic, but I find it interesting that there is a supposed cap on how well a movie can do in China if this is accurate).

Depends. If Avatar 2 goes nuts in China and passes Wandering Earth but is nowhere near Wolf Warrior 2 (say 700m at end of standard run) maybe that wouldn't care. 

46 minutes ago, Nerfy said:

Yeah, I was floored they got that release date to begin with. That whole week and a half was gangbusters.

Yea certain holidays are great for movies. The biggest single movie going holiday in the states is the Christmas-New Years corridor, and I will always maintain that had AEG released in that frame it would have flirted with 1bn dom. Considering AEG's presales relative to those of TFA, it would have had a monster OW regardless of its release date and it really could have used the two weeks of insane legs and subsequent lack of competition to hit all four quads as hard as possible

Anyways, counterfactuals are impossible and annoying and I know this one is particularly contentious, so I apologize to bring it up again. I guess the great China release date offsets the US release date

7 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I try it with a farther description first as I am not sure where to put a screen-shot up

I use a mouse with a left button, a right button and a wheel in the middle

1, I move the mouse till its position is where the text I want to mark starts,

2. I press constantly the left button and move the mouse over the words I want to mark, I see a changed background color for the marked words/letters

3. then the next steps, means either write the snip text or click on quote selection, depending on if I change a quote of try to select something to do a quote

Oh you use BoT on pc I think that's easy then. I use it on my phone so it's really hard to do that. Thanks anyway 👍

• Sad 1

A granted expansion in China at the time would certainly made the #1 movie WW goal accomplished much earlier.

But like others mentioned, can’t ask much more from China when EG landed such a highly ludicrous release period that almost always reserved for local movies.

In fact, I doubt we will see foreign/Hollywood movies getting that release date again in the near future.

Sidenote: Thank goodness the biggest BO goal for EG is done. So tired of all the back and forth will it/won’t it baits, and pages of alts accounts conversing with each other. 

• Like 6

Spoiler

China...

We won, China. We won and you did it, China. You did it.   

China.  

Look at me.   

We’re gonna be okay.   

You can rest now.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:
Spoiler

China...

We won, China. We won and you did it, China. You did it.   

China.  

Look at me.   

We’re gonna be okay.   

You can rest now.

hmm, I wonder how strict the mod is still enforcing the no spoiler rule...

53 minutes ago, justvision said:

hmm, I wonder how strict the mod is still enforcing the no spoiler rule...

Thanks for the heads up, tagged it. Also few things in life are funnier than Endgame still being in “spoiler mode” around here 🤣

• Haha 1