ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yes, there's rumours that Feige believes that. Honestly, he does love this project, i don't know about awards beyond the rumours but i saw him in front of me talking about the movie and he was glowing.

Feige talks glowingly about every single MCU film he makes...that's his job.  Yes, he seemed high on Eternals, but that could also just be PR-speak in giving respect to a critically more highly-regarded filmmaker than the usual MCU director...

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Spidey isn't leaving. Marvel Studios is about to deliver a 200 million dollar opener for Sony, they'll come back. Also Marvel still has the license for one more movie so No Way Home won't be the last. Though Holland's not currently contracted, they could just sign a new one or hell, just use a different Spidey. I could see Tobey Maguire coming back for Raimis Doctor Strange.

I thought No Way Home was the end of the current deal between Sony/Marvel?  What are the real facts, here?  Do you mean Marvel themselves have one more "option" to use Spidey in one of their films?

But yes... if Maguire shows up in NWH...and then doesn't in Raimi's film, it's equivalent for me to the Star Wars' franchise not reuniting Luke, Leia, Han all together for at least one scene.  Bizarre!  

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/eternals-lowest-rated-mcu-rotten-tomatoes-1235100644/

Eternals’ Is Currently the Lowest-Rated Film in the MCU

again , why these articles exist ? they have milked the fuck out of that.

Exactly.  VARIETY piling on for clicks.  Not really cool or legit in industry terms.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Feige talks glowingly about every single MCU film he makes...that's his job.  Yes, he seemed high on Eternals, but that could also just be PR-speak in giving respect to a critically more highly-regarded filmmaker than the usual MCU director...

The moment i speak about it was in December 2019, they was in the middle of shooting it, before Nomadland came out, before Oscar, before Chloe Zhao hype. He showed to us things about lots of projects, and the difference on his tone about Eternals was palpable.

Every rumour after that about how he was excited about it and believes in it only matches what i saw. Divisive reception will make his mind changed entirely? I have doubts. 

17 minutes ago, john2000 said:

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/eternals-lowest-rated-mcu-rotten-tomatoes-1235100644/

Media is spreading the rotten tomatoes score for a whole week now and making the movie looks like a disaster because of the score alone. And it will get worse because this is probably going below 60 and they will pass another week making articles about it.

Now when the movie opening, if box office doesn't match tracking, they will start some doom and gloom about how theaters are dying or something because of a problem they help to create and spread, which is this idea that "MCU movie rotten = terrible, don't watch it"

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, john2000 said:

I mean it’s true isn’t it? These sites make money off clicks, they report on entertainment news. The mcu is probably the biggest thing in entertainment so of course they’re gonna make articles like this.

Stuff like this always happens, this isn’t new at all, and yes it sucks but it is what it is.  All you’re doing by sharing this is spreading it around even more and getting more clicks for them, you’re basically doing what they had hoped people would do when they see headlines like this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dominic Draper said:

Now getting upset about websites reporting news? 

MCU fans starting to look like DC fans circa 2016.

I'm not the only one who talk about this but personally i'm far from upset, they're just milking this, it's a fact. Some sites already posted this 3-4 times each in a span of a week with basically the same information over and over again for clickbait.

I don't know why every time someone poiting something is seeing as being upset, or having a meltdown.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Macleod said:

I thought No Way Home was the end of the current deal between Sony/Marvel?  What are the real facts, here?  Do you mean Marvel themselves have one more "option" to use Spidey in one of their films?

No Way Home is the last film on Holland's contract to play Spider-Man. But when the initial deal after the breakup with Sony was made, it was for one Sony film (No Way Home) and one Disney film. They still have the Spider-Man license for one movie.

They can also use Spider-Man as much as they want in animated stuff like What If with no problem, so long as they don't use Holland or the exact movie costume.

screen-shot-2021-09-08-at-10-59-25-am-16

Edited by SpiderByte

11 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I mean it’s true isn’t it? These sites make money off clicks, they report on entertainment news. The mcu is probably the biggest thing in entertainment so of course they’re gonna make articles like this.

Stuff like this always happens, this isn’t new at all, and yes it sucks but it is what it is.  All you’re doing by sharing this is spreading it around even more and getting more clicks for them, you’re basically doing what they had hoped people would do when they see headlines like this. 

Yep, sounds normal to me, I'm sure if (for example) Oppenheimer is Lowest-Rated Nolan Film on RT ,

sites will talk about it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

? only that this ISNT NEWS , there is no reason for this article to exist in the first place , it adds to nothing as for mcu/dc it has nothing to do with that , i would say the same thing for any movie.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dominic Draper said:

Cmon, this is pretty obviously meant to be bait for rage clicks. Same as the Deadline headline about the Lightyear trailer randomly mentioning that it was above Eternals.

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

? only that this ISNT NEWS , there is no reason for this article to exist in the first place , it adds to nothing as for mcu/dc it has nothing to do with that , i would say the same thing for any movie.

I seem to remember TONS of articles about how well Shang Chi was received critically...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, john2000 said:

same thing , there is no point in these articles in general  be it for good or bad.

I am sorry these exist to report any relevant news. Eternals almost going rotten is big enough news to report. You cannot hide these at all. We have seen for many big movies previously for other franchises. Remember the movie that this is compared to from other franchise. That was ridiculed during its release in 2017(deservedly). So there is a point for sure. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am sorry these exist to report any relevant news. Eternals almost going rotten is big enough news to report. You cannot hide these at all. We have seen for many big movies previously for other franchises. Remember the movie that this is compared to from other franchise. That was ridiculed during its release in 2017(deservedly). So there is a point for sure. 

? justice league ? same thing applies here be it marvel or dc or whatever, other than the first time you report the scores i dont think that there is a point to keep reporting every days and i am not talking specifically about variety here.Oh well media do their job i guess....

ps i never said anything about hiding scores.

Edited by john2000

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

? justice league ? same thing applies here be it marvel or dc or whatever, other than the first time you report the scores i dont think that there is a point to keep reporting every days and i am not talking specifically about variety here.Oh well media do their job i guess....

ps i never said anything about hiding scores.

What else are these websites for? They need clicks and catchy headlines. Either way things need to get exaggerated.  Reviews are in the lowest tier of Marvel movies at this stage, buts let see how it goes is not really a catchy headline is it?

Everytime the movie had a good review you were highlighting it. When the numbers were good you were posting it ad nauseum. You go down that path you have to accept the good with the bad.