ronisssantos

Eternals | Marvel Studios | Nov 5 2021 | Magnum-Opus by Oscar winner Chloe Zhao - Marvel's first rotten movie | Dips into the 40s on RT, B CinemaScore

Zhao isn’t going to make a think piece comic book movie lol. I think she knows how to add humor to her own movie. 

now that I think about it, this look pretty incredible visually. I think this is what Dune was going for but that turned out to look like a stale piece of bread. This blends is juuuust right. 

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

I'm shocked people are going "uh if people don't know who these characters are why will people see it?" As though the answer is not "to find out"

Have people not figured this out from the 80 other times Marvel's prominently featured ridiculously obscure characters

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's a teaser trailer for a movie with 10 protagonists. So Why people act like it's possible to present all of them, explaining the plot, showing the villains and also drop action scenes in this video?

The reactions online are in general excellent but there are people complaining and making noise about nonsense things like "why they didn't tell how they saw Thanos arrival and didn't do anything", like, wait for the movie and find out.

It's a teaser, it's showing the general vibe of the movie and presenting a little of the group, it's not supposed to make everyone understand them and what is happening in the movie.

Is really annoying that every time studios put out a trailer that don't throw everything at our faces, some noise people start to complain everywhere.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Trailer views

9h

7,2M views on YT +500likes

6,2M views on Twitter 

outstanding

I hope they give us the official number this time, they didn't for Shang Chi despite also pretty strong numbers.

But yeah, very solid, especially considering this is one of the most ambiguous teasers Marvel ever done. Their brand is still remarcable strong, i always wonder when the MCU logo alone won't be enough to sell their projects.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

But some things in the trailer suggest this is not entirely her movie.

It never was to be. Way this work is, niche director bring their style to the MCU world and there is mix of two. And that works. And And the teaser shout out loud that it's Zhao's film.

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The joke at the end got me worried.

Aww. Please don't be worried. That's like one of the best received scene in teaser, as is the case with the "joke" in the end of every other MCU trailer.

4 hours ago, Krissykins said:

yeh the joke at the end just screamed studio note/instruction.

Ehh. The evil studio, whose interferences/instruction fans hate so much. 

• Haha 4