CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

Just now, Chewy said:

They auditioned like 30 actresses for that part lmfao

I find it hard to believe that of 30 actresses, EVC was the one Chris Evans had the best chemistry with. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Probably when they started Thursday previews.

Thursday previews started a few years later, after the TDKR theater shooting

4 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I remember when the weekend drop came in and people (not here) suddenly forgot how July weekends work. They were freaking out that Sony was gonna pull the deal or something because of underperformance.

Remember this? https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/16/box-office-spider-man-homecoming-suffers-mcus-worst-second-weekend-drop-ever/#70cdb0bc35fb

So, unless it catches up over the next month (and that's not remotely out of the question), we're looking at an identical multiplier to Amazing Spider-Man 2 ($202m/$91m) and Spider-Man 3 ($336m/$151m). That will lead to a domestic total almost identical to the $262m cume of The Amazing Spider-Man (from a $137m Tues-Sun debut) back in 2012.

:hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Just now, Deja23 said:

I find it hard to believe that of 30 actresses, EVC was the one Chris Evans had the best chemistry with. 

There were recognizable names too. Don't remember many but Alison Brie auditioned for that part

7 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Did the Russos straight up forget about Sharon? I don’t see how they will ever address that storyline again. Seems even more pointless than it did in Civil War, and that’s saying something.

The Russos seem to have no interest in the character, but Markus and McFeely do, I suspect due to their attachment to the Captain America’s lore. 

Doesn’t help that the character suck and the actress herself has no chemistry with Evans either. That and why waste time on a TV actress while you have SacrJo whose chemistry with Evans is proven.

• Like 6

VanCamp wasn't given a chance to succeed. The writing for her character was nothing special. The same thing happened with McAdams. BTW, I'm so glad that Portman and Marvel parted ways because she had zero chemistry with Hemsworth and her character was useless.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Sam said:

The Russos seem to have no interest in the character, but Markus and McFeely do, I suspect due to their attachment to the Captain America’s lore. 

Doesn’t help that the character suck and the actress herself has no chemistry with Evans either. That and why waste time on a TV actress while you have SacrJo whose chemistry with Evans is proven.

In their Honest Trailers interview the Russos are CLEARLY Cap/Widow shippers but then Whedon happened.

Edited by Mekanos
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, terrestrial said:

33 minutes ago

Any thoughts on weekend projections for DEADPOOL 2? I could see it landing closer to $125M based on the Friday number (which would still be a fantastic debut).

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Shawn had a 100m prediction for DP2 going for awhile on BOP, would be crazy if that ends up being closer than most everyone else's predictions. 

I tried to make clear, that the post (I quoted it, so you can see the origin) was not a question from myself to the forum, but from Shawn to Twitter users. So it might make more sende to write a post (without quoting me) that includes a ping to him or react to him at Twitter

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yes, clearly an IW effect has kicked in for it.

In my POV that sounds not logical as he was'nt in that movie

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

Ant-Man 2 is gonna pull off Thor Ragnarok numbers easily.

If anything BP and IW taught us is that we should never bet against the MCU atm

about the 1st sentence: why should Ant-Man & the Wasp (a part 2 movie) pull of Thor 3 (plus Thor was also in the 1st and 2nd Avengers before Thor 3s release and announced for Avengers 3) numbers?

about the 2nd sentence: that I can agree with

1 hour ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I loved Ant-Man and am very much looking forward to Ant-Man and The Wasp but fanboys are setting themselves up for disappointment if they think that it's going double the first one's gross. Absolutely no MCU sequel as done that. Iron Man 2, Winter Solider, Thor: The Dark World and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 didn't do it. And Black Panther 2 won't do it either as it's sequel will drop heavily due to the first film way over performing. ...

agree

possible

Edited by terrestrial

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

There were recognizable names too. Don't remember many but Alison Brie auditioned for that part

Emilia Clarke was in the running too I remember. Have to imagine she's also happy she didn't take the part.

• Haha 1

I think going forward, Strange will more than likely be a better character in ensemble team up movies. As seen in IW, Cucumber is better at being more passive and reactive to other characters than being a leading man carrying the movie himself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

In their Honest Trailers interview the Russos are CLEARLY Cap/Widow shippers but Whedon happened.

I’ll take Cap/Widow over Bruce/Widow. Scar Jo and Evans have great chemistry. I mean upe3q0isij5u0uiu.jpg?skj2io4l

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 5