Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

If Deadpool were to have the same multiplier as SS it would end with 306.  So 300 is not out of the question.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

That’s too bad because from what I hear he saved the movie from being worse than it could have been 

It was a good movie!! There was nothing bad about its quality at all, thats the sad thing. The gross is completely unrelated to how good it is or isnt.

Ron Howard will take no damage from this at all. No one will blame him. Well, no one who matters. I'm sure some doofus on the internet will.

What's going on with Wrinkle? That looks suspicious as hell.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GambitPool said:

DZPDMNNX4AAGhGa.jpg

650 mil DOM confirmed. 

Ewwwww. This thread is already a dumpster fire. Must we really add horror into the mix as well? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

If Deadpool were to have the same multiplier as SS it would end with 306.  So 300 is not out of the question.

But SS wouldn't have that multiplier if it had opened in May against stiffer competition the following weeks.

Edited by TheMovieman

I read through the thread (I guess 2/3 of it) and tried to get a feeling about what are the reasons giving for / against Solo

Actually about the movie itself in a way, pro the film:

reduced pool of aimed for audience:

more for fans of the OT, but counting not for all for reasons, PT fans might be less / not interested at all (that is only a feeling)

more for ppl who do like small scale side stories too

ppl who have nothing against going the time-line backwards

edit to add:

@Mekanos asked

Anyone else think there is something morbid about seeing the prequel starring a character audiences saw die 2.5 years ago? I wonder if that might be a factor. 

News/magazines/YT based...

ppl are sceptical because the re-shoot stories

ppl are sceptical because casting decisions

general preferences:

Interlacing sequels and prequels might not be something for ppl preferring continuity in the time-line

Not interested into it, but interested into other SW movies:

Some want to only see forwards going stories (timeline generally more future orientated than the do it now)

Some want to only see backwards happening stories (timeline way back, see KOTOR)

Some haters of previous film xy (interestingly that differs too) want to boycott till whatever they aim for, that too differs, very strongly even

Some want to see more male white leads again... and funnily boycott the movie that actually does offer what they 'screamed' for

Some want SW to be always a space opera (what both side stories are not)

Some want only the side-story for one character, but do not want to support a side-story about another character. Which character should get next a movie differs strongly again. Incl which details in those movies should be part of the story.

Some want change, but only the exact kind of change they aim for and then scream whatever if the change involves details other fans asked for, or if the change is varying from their partly rather narrow formulated ones.

Some demand every film has to feel special and think that only more time between the releases will manage that

Some want the movies only at certain times of the year

Some want risk, but what they exactly mean never gets explained with fleshed out examples , and/or what is there to find seems to differ again

Not interested into the franchise and/or the studio up to even crusading against it

- Some root against big budgets on principle

Some root against certain studios for reasons that vary again:

- based on competing for records / chart places franchises. I counted at least 4 of those a lot

- studio too big

- too SJW (more out of the net, but a few ones do sound a little bit like they read there too)

Did I miss something?

I guess I wouldn't want to work for a production doing a new instalment

edit 2:

reasons based on internal / different departments need release dates,... that might hinder (see comments about Igor pushing for early release from the get go for reasons nothing to do with cinema/BO)

ads not placed in a way reaching the potential interested (esp. OS, to a degree in the US), if there was even outside the cinemas ads at some places

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, GirafficPark said:

Not really, it would have to almost come to a complete stop to gross that little.

I'm looking at the ww total of $284M.  Solo should beat that, but not by a huge margin.

Like Baumer said, Deadpool can still recover from a harsh drop just like Suicide Squad and Spider Man Homecoming did. 

If Deadpool develops SS or Homecoming legs, 300 million may still happen. Overseas, Deadpool might need to perform like Logan/X-Men Apocalypse which both ended up with 392/388 million. Then again, these two got released in China, so Deadpool 2 is performing really good. 

700 million worldwide not locked for Deadpool 2, but may still happen if it starts performing better domestically. Even if it finishes at 620 million, that would be almost 6 times its budget. R rating and no 3D really make a difference, folks. Either Deadpool 3 or X-Force will be happening.