Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

23 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

$2,049,298

-26.9% / -

2,781 / $737

$20,335,218 / 6
$2,049,298
$22,384,516
- / -
- / -
2,781 / $737
$8,049
$22,384,516 / 7

i just realised the above, Is this typo or what? This is the 1st time in history, the daily gross is identical the same on wed and thursday!  book club is making history:ohmygod::sarah:!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

i knew you were a redditor

Lol I joined Reddit about 2.5 months ago and have made like 25 comments there 😂

I have been on BOT (and BOM before) mainly lurking, for more than 8 years

• Like 1

Just now, titanic2187 said:

$2,049,298

-26.9% / -

2,781 / $737

$20,335,218 / 6
$2,049,298
$22,384,516
- / -
- / -
2,781 / $737
$8,049
$22,384,516 / 7

i just realised the above, Is this typo or what? This is the 1st time in history, the daily gross is identical the same on wed and thursday!  book club is making history:ohmygod::sarah:!

Paramount did it with AQP too :hahaha: 

$381,704

-26% / -40.3%

2,327 / $164

$177,381,903 / 48
$381,704
$5,627,294
- / -20.4%
-817 / -37.4%
2,327 / $164
$2,418
$177,763,607 / 49
  • Like 1

I don’t think it’s fair to blame DP2 performing less than expected and the Solo bomb on just IW.  That movie was three/four weeks away from both.

DP2 is holding audiences really well if you look at it as an R comedy sequel and not a superhero sequel.

Solo has a plethora of reasons.  The reason I think IW affected it was that Disney was pretty divided on their marketing efforts and rushed Solo’s.  IW had a normal length marketing campaign, Solo’s marketing was never even given a chance to gain traction. They banked on people seeing the film title and showing up.

Film’s can be released close to each other and still be successful, especially if they’re countermarketing.  Think Gatsby the week after IM3.

Edited by Pandamia!

39 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

I also agree with @baumer.  

I think bias and taste are also playing a factor.  Ocean's 8 isn't exactly tailored for a majority of the board's demo.  

It's usually like that for film's not targeted towards the Internet crowd that turn out to be huge. It's why movies like Mamma Mia, Bridesmaids, The Help, Hidden Figures, etc., always end up with that "sleeper hit" label.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Paramount did it with AQP too :hahaha: 

$381,704

-26% / -40.3%

2,327 / $164

$177,381,903 / 48
$381,704
$5,627,294
- / -20.4%
-817 / -37.4%
2,327 / $164
$2,418
$177,763,607 / 49

is there anyway to cross check the credibility of the data? this looks so suspicious, from a studio that fudge the TF4's opening

3 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Lol I joined Reddit about 2.5 months ago and have made like 25 comments there 😂

I have been on BOT (and BOM before) mainly lurking, for more than 8 years

I was messing! Don't mean to brag but I was lurking BOT since 2003.

Just now, titanic2187 said:

is there anyway to cross check the credibility of the data? this looks so suspicious, from a studio that fudge the TF4's opening

This is just laziness on Paramount's part; the numbers were probably within a few thousand of Wednesday.

5 minutes ago, InterHero1 said:

This was fake news though. A journalist asked one of the the writers if the cool and hip Lando could be pansexual, so naturally he answered, sure why not. Meaning countless of clickbait headlines all over.

Did you guys watch the same version of Solo that I did? If you did, then you could easily see how Lando could be pansexual. It would be spoilery to discuss why but there are two moments (at a minimum) in the film, one with Lando and one without, where you can find your possible answers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I don't buy the meme that people are Star Wars'd out.

if they were to reboot it right now and put talent in charge they would be fine

Unless weather is hot and they pick the wrong holiday to release the movie. ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I was messing! Don't mean to brag but I was lurking BOT since 2003.

I was just starting high school in 2003. I wasnt even into movies that much then let alone box office. 

As for reddit I mainly joined to participate in the cryptocurrency community but I also now and then venture into the BO side

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LaughingEvans said:

Why Ocean's 8? They couldn't find 11 decent actresses that would go along with each other on the same set?

Because Ocean’s 8, 9, 10 and then the Infinity War cinematic climax with Ocean’s 23?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Maybe you can go and sit by yourself?

I got a buddy of mine to go watch it with me when it comes out lol Not Thursday night but during the weekend. 

Otherwise id have went and saw it alone anyways. Either way Ocean's 8 was getting my money 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

that's right they hunger for more Avatar, first good analysis I've seen from you DMAN7

Yes all 2 members of BOT are starved for Avatar. Well said brother. :hi5:

• Disbelief 1

17 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Boxofficemojo just messed up entering Paramount's Thursday numbers. The-numbers.com has the correct numbers(and so do the box office twitter accounts).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MattW said:

Supposedly the studios choose the last 3 digits of their movies grosses each day, that's why Universal's movies always end with a zero or a five. 

What!? Think of how much money they’re leaving on the table by not just choosing 999 every time :sparta:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1