CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

34 minutes ago, a2k said:

orig

Look around.

A sequel increasing isn't an easy achievement.

Marvel Studio mastered it.

It deserves more than a sarcastic golf clap.

It deserves the Waynes World we're not worthy gif.

Got that one handy?

Welp, we can't take nothing for granted, it seems. This movie is already on the success route and it'll likely make over 1.2B WW + 280+ (probably 300M) DOM, which is really good....... however, no one can tell me that it is a GREAT result coming off a 1.66B WW + 650M DOM maker. I wouldn't call it an implosion, but I'd call it a more worrying drop than if it were just a typical sequel fall. Especially since both Age Of Ultron and The Last Jedi, the direct sequels to the other 2/3'rds of the 1st batch of 200M+ openers, didn't drop as bad as FK will from JW. FK may end up with a 50%+ drop from the original, after all.

Still, no way it doesn't open in 1st place, unless it has cosmic frontloadedness. 125+ seems good to go, I2 is probably going around 90 (100 on a best case scenario).

14 minutes ago, a2k said:

top 3 ww is locked for disney - aiw, bp, i2.

wir2 could break-out and compete with jw2 for #4.

apart from these 5 no other film looks to approach 1b ww.

fb2 has a shot on paper but will miss it by a mile imo (and still be a big success).

I2 isn't locked yet to beat JW2 WW.

I think FB2 has a better chance than WIR2 to get to 1B.

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Look around.

A sequel increasing isn't an easy achievement.

Marvel Studio mastered it.

It deserves more than a sarcastic golf clap.

It deserves the Waynes World we're not worthy gif.

Got that one handy?

you fanboy reply about gotg2 increasing gotg1 digressed from the point i was making (and i was making a negative point about a franchise i am rooting for). it deserved a goofy sarcastic clap.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Welp, we can't take nothing for granted, it seems. This movie is already on the success route and it'll likely make over 1.2B WW + 280+ (probably 300M) DOM, which is really good....... however, no one can tell me that it is a GREAT result coming off a 1.66B WW + 650M DOM maker. I wouldn't call it an implosion, but I'd call it a more worrying drop than if it were just a typical sequel fall. Especially since both Age Of Ultron and The Last Jedi, the direct sequels to the other 2/3'rds of the 1st batch of 200M+ openers, didn't drop as bad as FK will from JW. FK may end up with a 50%+ drop from the original, after all.

Still, no way it doesn't open in 1st place, unless it has cosmic frontloadedness. 125+ seems good to go, I2 is probably going around 90 (100 on a best case scenario).

This isn't making 900M overseas lol

:huh:

7 minutes ago, a2k said:

you fanboy reply about gotg2 increasing gotg1 digressed from the point i was making (and i was making a negative point about a franchise i am rooting for). it deserved a goofy sarcastic clap.

Your comment also attacked the gotg franchise.

Hence why I defended the films.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Your comment also attacked the gotg franchise.

Hence why I defended the films.

no it did not. fanboys have a victimhood mentality.

• Like 3

Like I said the drop this is looking to have (maybe sub 300m??) is abnormal for a sequel to a well liked film. I do think the movie being online already for two weeks likely had an effect. Also it does feel like Universal revealed  way too many scenes in the trailers. Taking away surprise 

Edited by John Marston

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

Like I said the drop this is looking to have (maybe sub 300m??) is abnormal for a sequel to a well liked film. I do think the movie being online already for two weeks likekybhad an effect. Also it does feel like Universal recealed way too many scenes in the trailers. Taking away surprise 

Maybe Americans are finally caring about the World Cup :Venom:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

You guys swear fanboy is a horrible insult.

We run Hollywood.

Grey, you are looking like a idiot in this. A2 said even a gotg 2 OW for FK will be disappointing and you out of nowhere said that it increased from first one. A2 was not even saying anything about gotg2 and yet you thought he is attacking it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

Universal needs to let go of their ego and admit defeat. They should seek the wisdom of Disney on how to run a franchise. Universal is in deeeep shit, only Illumination and JW is keeping them afloat.

3 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Grey, you are looking like a idiot in this. A2 said even a gotg 2 OW for FK will be disappointing and you out of nowhere said that it increased from first one. A2 was not even saying anything about gotg2 and yet you thought he is attacking it.

Hmm. You missed his low key shade at the end.

Commenting how small gotg2 OW was.