CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The 1-2-3 punch of JW, Book of Henry and JW:FK does make me wonder if Trevorrow actually knows how people work.

I wonder what his Episode IX would have looked liked. Since according to some "fans" he would have supposedly saved the trilogy lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

First one's weekend internal multi was inflated by the "record weekend excellent sunday hold" factor

It’s pretty incredible how the previews and FSS numbers for TA and JW running almost identical to each other.

But yeah, you’re right. All the 200M+ opener have great Sunday holds. Spillover effects and them record headlines on early Sundays sure help.

• Like 2

Just now, aabattery said:

The 1-2-3 punch of JW, Book of Henry and JW:FK does make me wonder if Trevorrow actually knows how people work.

People thought Safety Not Guaranteed was a quirky weirdo comedy but it was meant to be a soul searing kitchen sink drama.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aabattery said:

book-of-henry-2.png

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1

holdovers

(+53%) Won't You Be My Neighbor?  - 1.53 -  3.80

(-39%) Gotti - 1.05 - 3.50

(-57%) Book Club - 0.78 - 64.53

(-0%) Breaking In - 0.43 - 45.85

(+5%) Rampage - 0.28 - 96.85

(-45%) Overboard - 0.24 - 49.07

(-85%) Wrinkle in Time - 0.24 - 100.50

(-50%) A Quiet Place - 0.18 - 186.88

(-51%) First Reformed - 0.17 - 2.80

(-31%) Black Panther - 0.10 - 699.77

(-33%) Ready Player One - 90k - 136.82

(-85%) Upgrade - 80k - 11.50

13 minutes ago, aabattery said:

It's definitely no coincidence that Safety Not Guaranteed wasn't written by him and that's by far his best reviewed film.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Let's say 13M previews. What's the HIGHEST we see it getting off that? 125? Even that feels extra generous unless the previews tick up higher

If previews end up at or around 13M, I think it will open between 115-120M. 

• Like 1

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

He didn't write Book of Henry though

He did sit there and shoot those scenes and think "yes, i like this" tho

• Like 1

Just came from this. What a ride Extremely entertaining flick. 3D is great for this one too. This will be a walkup monster its a family movie and it will play like a family movie. Kids love Dinosaurs. It will do well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, aabattery said:

You mean the guy who thinks a mildly flippant babysitter babysitting teenagers deserves a more brutal and sadistic death than 99% of all evil movie villains doesn't understand how people work?

:sarah:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

You mean the guy who thinks a mildly flippant babysitter babysitting teenagers deserves a more brutal and sadistic death than 99% of all evil movie villains doesn't understand how people work?

:sarah:

Personal Asst - babysitting was not her job and a fucking 17yr old needs a sitter?  They are sitters. 

• Like 1