CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

After the direct predecessor’s #1 OW, look like this OW will rank 50th-30th or so.    

Another new record?

fallen kingdom indeed

• Haha 1

TA and TFA both “dropped” to #2 OWs with their direct sequels. (248+ for A4 is confirmed.  )

TDK->TDKR falls to #3, DMC->AWE fell to #4, Sorcerer’s Stone ->Chamber of Secrets fell to #3, Spider-Man->Spider-Man 2 seems to have fallen to #7.        

So indeed, looks like a historic performance from a sequel to a #1 opener.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Biggestgeekever said:

My god, that tried vey hard to be the dumbest movie I've ever seen. 

It is the dumbest movie I have ever seen, period and that includes F&F and Transformer movies. Some of the decisions that characters take at different times in this movie is mind numbing and beggars belief. Those who have seen this movie probably know what I am talking about. Having said this, the opening 10 minutes are tremendous and there's one other moment in this movie which is very sad. It's going to move you a bit. Overall , I'll blame the writers more than anything else. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I wonder what his Episode IX would have looked liked. Since according to some "fans" he would have supposedly saved the trilogy lol

I liked JW because dinos chasing people was entertaining to me but until proven otherwise I rate Trevorrow as a hack. I too laugh at fans that say that he would have saved the series. Trevorrow is an inoffensive and more audience friendly version of Zack Snyder. Neither understands nor cares about having realistic human interactions in their films and both mostly do not tell their stories competently enough. 

Personally I don't think that Fallen Kingdom will be nearly as frontloaded as comic book movies but there is no doubt that it is headed for a disappointing opening. It's going to end up opening much lower than I thought just a few weeks ago. I guess many people who guessed it were right. The lack of a hook and confusing first trailer just killed the buzz for the film. It's going to have a horrendous fall from the first domestically. 

• Like 1