baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

1 minute ago, harrycaul said:

I've heard Solo is doing badly at the box office. Has anyone else heard this?

i have heard solo is doing solow somany times it now hurts my soulo.

Edited by A2k Rex
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

6 + 8.1 (+35%) + 5.9 (-27%) = 20 looks reasonable with that friday. sundays get into mid-high 20s drops this time of the year.

with those holds needs as low as 5 friday to do 17. i think ~19 is as low it will go.

Yea I'm pessimistic on the movie but like I gave it Alien Covenant drops and that still got it to $19.95M and Alien lost 1,100 theaters this weekend. It would be barely looking at increase from Thursday if it were to do $17M for the weekend but like I said I guess we shall wait and see what the Friday number is for it 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1

With everything doing really bad this weekend this could mean Ocean's 8 could break out a bit more.   Then after we should have a pretty solid month and a half.

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just did a drive by the theater on my way to Publix to pick up my birthday cake.

The trades are too optimistic :Venom:

Happy birthday, my fake son.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If Solo really drops 69% then it can say 👋 to 200. It probably wont even be close to 200 that Disney can fudge it. 

I looked at some of the big movies (Deathly Hallows 2, Twilight, AC) that had such huge falls in their second week and none of their multi will get Solo to 200 which requires a 2.37x multi. 

I saw some people and trade compare Han Solo to MCU’s Ant-Man. Solo will in no way overtake that globally but imagine if it comes in below its dom total too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, GambitPool said:

Subverted my expectations. Who are you? Rian Johnson? 

Just kidding. Please not another 300 page TLJ debate.

Except he subverted your expectations in a positive way, so really it was more like...   

Jumanji.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Just did a drive by the theater on my way to Publix to pick up my birthday cake.

The trades are too optimistic :Venom:

That Leo emoticon should really stand for "cheers" or congratulations since he's toasting.  

gatsby-thanks.png

Happy Birthday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

If Solo really drops 69% then it can say 👋 to 200. It probably wont even be close to 200 that Disney can fudge it. 

I looked at some of the big movies (Deathly Hallows 2, Twilight, AC) that had such huge falls in their second week and none of their multi will get Solo to 200 which requires a 2.37x multi. 

I saw some people and trade compare Han Solo to MCU’s Ant-Man. Solo will in no way overtake that globally but imagine if it comes in below its dom total too. 

Makes more sense to compare it to the Lone Ranger. The titles are also similar, Lone = Solo and Ranger Solo :lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

They also didn’t have the hyper inflated first Monday 

• Like 1