Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

Hereditary should end its run with 30-35. Between it, Annihilation, Nightcrawler, Drive etc. low-to-mid 30s remain the most these alienating movies that open immediately wide can realistically hope for. 

that's pretty good. second biggest A24 movie behind only lady bird.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Hereditary should end its run with 30-35. Between it, Annihilation, Nightcrawler, Drive etc. low-to-mid 30s remain the most these alienating movies that open immediately wide can realistically hope for. 

Sounds about right. All of them made a little profit too if I'm not mistaken. Even Annihilation because it sold the rights to Netflix OS.

15 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Congrats to Solo for crossing 300M and passing Runaway Bride on the all-time WW list

Better watch out. It’s coming for The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water next weekend.

• Like 3

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

IW seems just o.k to me but am I missing something or was deapool’s OS weekend kind of amazing ?

I thought they both dropped around 55% this weekend against JW? I don't think either of them did amazing but I think with the competition and given that they're older films (especially IW) so they would have been cleared out from theaters for JW (unless Solo took that honor) they held their own just fine.

19 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Sounds about right. All of them made a little profit too if I'm not mistaken. Even Annihilation because it sold the rights to Netflix OS.

Funny thing about Annihilation: I recommended it a lot and most of my generation loved it (late 20s, early 30s) but teens and friends' parents hated it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Why post JW:FK OS numbers in this Oceans 8 DOM weekend thread? Wrong thread. It will just flood and derail the thread.

Um wut. This is a weekend box office thread. Where we talk about the box office of ALL movies

• Like 12

A worrying drop for Adrift*. It doesn't look like making much overseas, so it needed/needs a big domestic performance.

*Hopefully the movie's title wasn't a nomen est omen type of thing with regards to box office performance...

4 minutes ago, Marathon said:

A worrying drop for Adrift*. It doesn't look like making much overseas, so it needed/needs a big domestic performance.

*Hopefully the movie's title wasn't a nomen est omen type of thing with regards to box office performance...

Yeah, I had higher hopes for this one, but it doesn't seem to be catching on.

11 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Um wut. This is a weekend box office thread. Where we talk about the box office of ALL movies

There are separate threads for a reason. Jurassic World OS thread and International countries thread do exist.

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/41-international-box-office/

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24241-jurassic-world-ii-os-thread/

• ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

There are separate threads for a reason. Jurassic World OS thread and International countries thread do exist.

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/forum/41-international-box-office/

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/24241-jurassic-world-ii-os-thread/

You really wanna die on this hill? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Biggest story this weekend at the box office is JWFK's  OS OW. It's going to be discussed in this thread for certain. Especially given nothing really broke out this weekend with everything essentially performing as expected DOM. This the weekend thread. It's for box office numbers both DOM and OS this weekend.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

Thats generous. 160-170m more likely 

And Solo has a 500 Million break even point by all accounts Disney is going take a bath onthis one. Yes, they can shrug it off,but still,for one of their flagship franchises it's embarassing.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Ocean's 9 must be on the cards now. 

God, I hope so. And get Janelle Monae as #9.

I also think this will have solid legs. The only thing that worries me is Moms talking their kids to The Incredibles next week.

• Like 2