sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - JW: $60.91M - I2: 46.42M - Sicario: $19.00M - Uncle Drew: $15.24M

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

You're insufferable.

meh, i've seen more annoying posts. this for example:

Spoiler
1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

Shut the fuck up about Wonder Woman and go see the FANTASTIC AND AMAZING Mr. Rogers documentary that's out in theaters now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Here's why I hate the cold - usually, it's also combo-ed with short days (less light) and between cold and darkness, it sucks your will from wanting to do anything.  

Versus a gorgeous day like today - some World Cup in the morning, then an afternoon with the kids at the pool, more World Cup, and now an evening of dinner out and then entertaining adult friends for a legacy board game tonight...it feels like the day is so long and the possibilities are endless...

And for those who say you can always get warm...no, no you can't...you should ask my spouse how cold my hands are all winter (b/c my circulation sucks)...so easy to cool off in pools and oceans, but so hard to warm up when there's no way to immediately immerse in the heat:)...

Hot bath/shower - sorry about your circulation though - it's my feet that get cold in the winter but I just wear thermal socks & boots.  I like the heat when I'm at the beach or pool otherwise no - I love the fall - sweater weather.

• Like 2

As someone who know how fucking cold it can get in Wisconsin (eh, @DAR), I’d take the cold over the heat any day, I am okay with temperatures under 90 degrees.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

As someone who know how fucking cold it can get in Wisconsin (eh, @DAR), I’d take the cold over the heat any day, I am okay with temperatures under 90 degrees.

Yeah today was way too fucking hot

• Like 3

4th Update Saturday AM after Friday midday and evening post: Anyone who ever thought movie-goers completely abandoned the theaters for their couches, think again.

Summer is truly roaring, and it’s not just because of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, which is topping the B.O. in its second weekend with $60.3M, -59%, with a 10-day total of $265M.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

Not so fast my friend. Baton Rouge can match any kind of heat Oklahoma City can put up, LOL. We've been in the 90s for over a month now. 

Not to mention the humidity on top of that!! Nothing like walking outside and instantly sweating lol

By the way, I live in Hammond

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Wonder Woman's third act is bad because it's a generic CGI hack and slash. 

tumblr_oy8ml3svI91rqz9syo2_540.gif

I feel like Transformers 3 did good though in its third act of hack and slash.   But I agree, WW and BvS both had me rolling my eyes at the last 30 min.  Up to that point, it felt original and exciting, then CGI overkill finale.  Do you think Transformers 3 provides an exception for 30-45 minutes pure action/CGI?

22 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

Not to mention the humidity on top of that!! Nothing like walking outside and instantly sweating lol

By the way, I live in Hammond

In the 90’s? Try hundreds bc that’s what we’ve had. 

I've never understood why so many people prefer either the hot or cold? I mean, why on Earth would you like either? I can't say I ever truly have the desire for the temp to go above or below the 70's. 

Edited by MovieMan89

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I've never understood why so many people prefer either the hot or cold? I mean, why on Earth would you like either? I can't say I ever truly have the desire for the temp to go above or below the 70's. 

My fav temperature is like 60-65F

BUT 

If I was forced between the weather we have right now 95+ degrees with humidity or cold and snow then I’m gonna choose the latter lol When it gets too hot out, I can’t do anything because when I go out I legit have trouble breathing in the temperature. 

Then again when it was like 5F back in January but feeling like -10F, I complained and wanted it to be warm so I prob don’t know what the fuck I want to be honest lol I don’t like either extreme I guess but again if I had to choose, it would be cold. 

I find it odd that in the weekend box office articles, they will always say good weather = less crows, and rain etc. brings out the crowds.  I thought it would be opposite...  Getting drenched in the rain in line and sitting through the movie all wet and miserable.

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

My fav temperature is like 60-65F

BUT 

If I was forced between the weather we have right now 95+ degrees with humidity or cold and snow then I’m gonna choose the latter lol When it gets too hot out, I can’t do anything because when I go out I legit have trouble breathing in the temperature. 

Then again when it was like 5F back in January but feeling like -10F, I complained and wanted it to be warm so I prob don’t know what the fuck I want to be honest lol I don’t like either extreme I guess but again if I had to choose, it would be cold. 

Hmm, that's really interesting. I've never heard of someone having issues breathing because it's too hot. Could be the thickness of the air from the humidity that might be the issue for you. I know inhaling really cold air can cause a lot respiratory issues for people. It's interesting to note that heaters have been a staple in homes anywhere it gets cooler for ages, yet AC is still absent from a large number of homes even in hot areas and even in a country like the U.S. Sure, clothing is an advantage to combat the cold that people don't have as much for heat, but I think the cold tends to be harder on a lot of people for health issues. 

Did some light googling and found cold weather is responsible for 20x more deaths than hot weather according to this study

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150520193831.htm

• Like 2

I choose to live in the south (US) and deal with the heat only because northern winters would kill me... lol have enough issues here during our "winter". Summer is fine with the exception of the 10 mins it takes to cool the car after it has sat. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hmm, that's really interesting. I've never heard of someone having issues breathing because it's too hot. Could be the thickness of the air from the humidity that might be the issue for you. I know inhaling really cold air can cause a lot respiratory issues for people. It's interesting to note that heaters have been a staple in homes anywhere it gets cooler for ages, yet AC is still absent from a large number of homes even in hot areas and even in a country like the U.S. Sure, clothing is an advantage to combat the cold that people don't have as much for heat, but I think the cold tends to be harder on a lot of people for health issues. 

Did some light googling and found cold weather is responsible for 20x more deaths than hot weather according to this study

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/05/150520193831.htm

It’s def the humidity. In the Philly area there’s no such thing as dry heat. It always comes with humidity so even if it’s “only” 80 or 85 degrees, the weather still sucks cause of the humidity. 

And thats actually interesting. I’m gonna read that really quick to see what’s up with that lol 

• Like 1