sfran43

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals - JW: $60.91M - I2: 46.42M - Sicario: $19.00M - Uncle Drew: $15.24M

12 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

No clue who Mr Rogers is. Only vaguely familiar with the name. But was he very successful? Because in that case he probably wasn't the angel the documentary is making him out to be. 

(using this as an excuse to post)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Cold def better. Way easier to keep yourself warm than to keep yourself cool.

Not saying this is true in your case, but usually when people say this it's because they have experience with pretty extreme heat (e.g., 100 or so degrees) but not much with sustained extreme cold (e.g., zero F or below). 

Believe me, when it's really cold, it's the same as when it's really hot - there's no way to exist in it than to get inside where you have some technology to make it cooler or warmer. Those coats and mittens and hats and earmuffs that keep you reasonably warm when it's 30 F are harrowingly inadequate in extreme cold. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Not saying this is true in your case, but usually when people say this it's because they have experience with pretty extreme heat (e.g., 100 or so degrees) but not much with sustained extreme cold (e.g., zero F or below). 

Believe me, when it's really cold, it's the same as when it's really hot - there's no way to exist in it than to get inside where you have some technology to make it cooler or warmer. Those coats and mittens and hats and earmuffs that keep you reasonably warm when it's 30 F are harrowingly inadequate in extreme cold. 

I have lived (actually lived, not just visited) in countries where the temperature goes as high as 120F with high humidity and more and in countries where temperature can go as low as -30F or lower with wind chill. Believe me it is far far easier to spend more time outside in that low of a temperature as long as you are dressed appropriately. But when temp goes 120F or more it becomes unbearable really quickly outside (especially with high humidity). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, baumer said:

Saw Uncle Drew today.  One of the most worst theatrical experiences of the last 12 months.

@IronJimbo

Akila will be lucky to invoke any emotion within filmgoers.

Uncle Drew brings out the passion in people, yet you still think it’ll lose???

• Haha 3

saw incredibles 2. Brad Bird still does the best superhero action and comedy around, but on the whole I didn't find it anything more than a nice time-waster. just hits most of the beats of the original again without really adding to them, and with a much more slapdash structure. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bladels said:

JW: +38.5% (-51.5% from last Sat)

I2: +31.6% (-43% from last Sat)

-30% Sunday drop ~  JW ~ $58.3m

-22% Sunday drop ~ I2 ~  $45.5m

Sicario2 looking at  $18m and UD ~ $15m

Edited by TalismanRing

With Friday estimates and Rth's Saturday figures we have a new June record, $1257.4m with just those Saturday numbers, even higher with tomorrow's estimates and then again with Monday's actuals.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, MattW said:

With Friday estimates and Rth's Saturday figures we have a new June record, $1257.4m with just those Saturday numbers, even higher with tomorrow's estimates and then again with Monday's actuals.

I don't think they are rolling in the 1st July(Sunday) number into June's number although it's part of the weekend gross.